• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

1971 MX-18

jhenry72

Hello,

I'm a new owner of a 1971 Checkmate MX-18 that needs a little TLC. One thing I haven't been able to locate is the fuel cell dimensions. The previous owner removed the tank and I would like to install a new one. It was mounted under the bow and from the paper work he gave me with it, it says it came with a 18 gal. tank. So if someone could point me in the right direction that would be greatly appreciated! Other than that, the boat seems in pretty good shape. Needs a new bumper strip and a paint job.

Thanks Again!

John.

Welcome, There is a lot of useful information and many helpful people here. I already responded to your inquiry on another thread. You can click the link below to see the rest of my resto/mod X-16. Search the restoration threads. There are many others here who have, or are in the process of breathing new life into their Checkmates.:cheers:

Not so silly, either become a contributing member and load pics into your album, or load pics into Photobucket and create links.

This might be silly but, how do I post photos?

Not silly at all, every new member askes the same question.
Get a photobucket membership {it's free} then put your pics in the photobucket website {it's easy, you'll see how when your on the site} --- once you have a pic in photobucket, then all you do is copy the image code of that particular pic, {again, it's easy, the site will show you how}, then you'll paste the image code in your forum thread.

As far as the fuel tank dimensions --- if you can't find exactly what your looking for in this forum, then you can call Checkmate Marine Inc in Ohio and talk to them, they are a great bunch of guys and they know more about your Checkmate than you can imagine, --- they are always willing to help.

Good luck and welcome to the forum --- can't wait to see pics of the boat.

Looks good. Will be a nice project. I always liked that deck design. You gonna do buckets and a bench seat or leave it as is?

:welcome:

I really like what Redstrat did on his! But, probably going to keep it as is. Although I would like to also put a bench across the back just not sure if there's enough room...? But Thanks! I just really wish the weather here would cooperate! Tired of the Snow and Cold!

I've got robins in my yard and red winged black birds chirping. It's still cold at night but we can feel spring in the air. :thumb:

The last 2 days iv been working on a small privet lake in Putnum Vally NY. With spring in the air and looking at the lake all day all I can think about is ripping around the lake in the mx-15 and how much I would rather be working on my boat then these people's house. 5AA-2409A926F10C-4604-0000058B9E0F59A4_zpse8d17c30.jpg
899-FA8A76466CF3-4604-0000058BA663F41F_zps4e98e5d6.jpg

Hello All! Just wanted to fill everyone in on my progress... Well, I did get the MX out on the water this year, but only a handful of times.. I decided to completely tear her down and came across a crack in the sub-floor and a rotten stringer. Got that all tore out and and lifted the Merc 1500 off and discovered the Transom rotten as well.... I split the hull when Mother Nature decided to usher in winter so I wrapped her up tight and am going to research and learn everything I need to do to rebuild her come spring!!
library

Here's the link to my photobucket where I have all the photos so far from this past year.

I'll be looking forward to everyone's input and once again, Very much Appreciate It!!

Back