• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

" For Sale" 1982 Predictor

MateFever

The time has come to let my Predictor go. Having a family now I have my sights set on another boat and my wife says I have to sell this one. Its a 1982 Predictor with an 83 Merc 150. The boat has been through extensive surgery with new core, transom, stringers, transom knees and floor (details are in the fiberglass, resins and composites section except for the core repair). It has Mariner carpet from Capri Carpeting, Teleflex white premier gauges, completely rewired, ground disconnect switch, bussman power distribution box, Kenwood cd player and 2 speakers. The whole boat has been wet sanded and buffed twice to restore some of the original color and get rid of the yellowed gel coat, not completely gone but as close as I felt comfortable with. The interior is the original although I think the seats have had new wood at some point. They are not in too bad of condition but they will need to be replaced at some point. The neglect the boat had before I got it is showing up on the 32 year old vinyl.

The motor has recently had the Stator replaced, carbs gone through and some wiring repairs (wiring to the coils was deteriorating). I will install a new starter and new impellor and rebuild the fuel pump before putting on the water this year. It is mounted on a Land N Sea Step N Jack with the motor 2" below the pad. I planned on raising it up to the last hole, motor seems to still be too deep in the water. With a 23p hi five it rockets you out of the water and has great acceleration. Only prop I have so it gets to 60 really quick then I run out of rpms.

The trailer is good but I think it needs a different bunk layout. The vertical bunks make it difficult to load straight ( I had always planned on doing horizontal bunks but never got to it) and it could use some paint. It has also been rewired with LED taillights and comes with 2 new wheels and radial tires. Wheel hubs were replaced last summer after a bearing failure.

I am asking $3800 obo. I'm not open to trades as I have my eye on another member's boat that is for sale. Thanks for looking. I have lots of pictures if you want to see them.

100_2040.jpg

100_2042.jpg

DSCN0542.jpg

DSCN0541.jpg

Bump this up, just brought it home from winter storage and getting it ready for a new owner. Might be willing to separate boat and motor if interested in one or the other. Going to list on cl soon.

New price $3500. Installed new starter, water pump and rebuilt fuel pump. Since I bought my Starflite this has just been sitting in the garage. Great little boat for someone.

Need to bump this up, this boat needs a new home. With having a new baby in the house I doubt I will be using this boat at all, mostly just the Starflite. Going to get them out of storage this week.

I will get some additional pictures. Keep in mind I just got it out of storage and haven't cleaned it up yet. I saw your pm, I will try and give you a call and give you my contact info.

Back