• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

1987 Checkmate 2800sx w/ 300's

Ramifications

1987 Checkmate 2800sx powered by 2008 Mercury Verado 300's.

The boat has been restored over the past three years and is 95% complete. The exception is painting of the hull, which I planned to have completed this coming winter. The hull does have some peeling paint on the bottom and misc scratches around the sides. The top deck is in good shape and the cockpit, transom and splashwell were all repainted. The original Mercury's were pulled and the boat was re-rigged with 2008 Mercury Verado 300's mounted on 6" jackplates with power steering, dual steering rams, tie bar and power steering. The engines were professionally gone through by a certified Verado tech and parts were replaced as needed with an open checkbook to ensure they were reliable. The ECU's were sent to Whipple for a stage 2 tune and now provide approximate 340 HP and a raised rev limited to 6900 rpm. With the labbed 28 pitch chopper props, she runs great with excellent fuel economy - with the 108 gallon tank, you will see 150-200 mile range and I typically average about 2mpg over 120-140 mile trips. She will cruise effortlessly at 45-55 MPH in the 4-4500 RPM range and I have seen a best of 83 MPH. I know there is more to be had, but I have not put in the time to squeeze every MPH out of it. I do not run the boat light, so the top speed was achieved with 5 adults, full gear, 75 gallons of gas and was on the rev limiters with relative ease. If you were to get bigger props and spend more time on setup, I think you could break into the 90's. The engines have about 1700 hours on them and had one of the superchargers replaced this season. They were just serviced at the end of July with all new fluids, plugs, filters and lube and have only had about 10 hours put on since. During the engine rig, every inch of wiring was pulled and replaced, along with switches and setup with dual auto bilge pumps capable of pumping 4000 GPH combined. A new transom was installed with knees and rear of stringers, all done with CarbonCore pour in. The transom was also converted to a lipless at the time the transom was done. While the transom was apart, the 280 K-planes were sandblasted and powder coated. The entire cockpit and sunpad were replaced last season, including a composite rear seat frame and new front drop out bolster seats. The cabin was finished this past winter, along with a new custom built dash layout with sliding door to cabin. In the design of the dash, I wanted to keep it clean, streamline and have all of the instrumentation in front of the driver and within arms reach. Front and center is the flush mounted Raymarine A98 touch screen MFD. This unit displays all of the engine info with customizable layout and the GPS. With all of the engine info displayed on the MFD, I kept the gauges to a minimum with only the two Mercury gauges and a gas gauge being installed. The Mercury DTS controls are mounted on the right along with the trim controls and heads up trim indicators. The DTS controls are effortless to use and has the option of single lever control for the offshore runs. The cockpit floor is a composite foam with fiberglass over and finished in white, non-slip, gel coat. The boat does have a Kenwood bluetooth stereo with an amp, sub and four speakers. All of this sits on a 2017 Venture Commander series trailer. The boat will also come with a new snap on cockpit cover with two support poles. There has been in excess of $60k invested into the boat over the past three years and I am only selling to move up to a larger boat. Asking $45,000 and test rides will be provided for serious buyers only. Contact Spencer (856) 207-7174

Attachments

• IMG_1064.JPG
    IMG_1064.JPG
    106.5 KB · Views: 163
  • IMG_3304.jpg
    IMG_3304.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 143
  • IMG_3298.jpg
    IMG_3298.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 130
Couple more pics

Attachments

• 35A22C88-3584-415C-86FC-83A079BCFBEA.jpg
    35A22C88-3584-415C-86FC-83A079BCFBEA.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 84
  • BD60FA5E-887C-471D-8EB4-9B6DC51B1397.jpg
    BD60FA5E-887C-471D-8EB4-9B6DC51B1397.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 82
  • 4DEDE06B-DD82-424A-920C-FCB5A3EBE8F4.jpg
    4DEDE06B-DD82-424A-920C-FCB5A3EBE8F4.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 76
New price - $32,000

Here are the engine hour, compression and leak down results. The specific hours per RPM band were cleared after the previous owner got the print out. The total hours are accurate, but you will need to add the RPM band hours together for them to be accurate. I added both the new print outs as well as the print outs provided by the previous owner.

Reactions: SCT
Back