• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

2.0 to 2.5 150's wow what a difference....

jsu101

Well I use to have a 1994 150 2.0 on my 1981 exciter and it did ok real slow out of the hole. The boat would run about 55mph at 5800rpm's. Well i picked up a 1994 2.5 150 and had Shaun Torrente rebuild it. If you dont know who he is. He race F2 boats here in the states and F1 boats over sea's. Shaun did some work to the heads and put a tuner in it and some racing bearings on the rods and crank. other then that its stock. I went from a 19 chopper to a 21 chopper with no jack plate yet and it turns 6000 rpm's and running 60mph in really rough water. Shaun says the motor will turn 7000rpm's now but i need a jack plate. When the boat hits about 58mph it becomes a hand full to drive it feels like its almost bow steering and the back it trying to pass the front. And when you let off the gas its real crazy. :rof:

good to hear you got a sweet setup, though doesnt seem entirely fair to compare a rebuilt tuned motor to a possibly tired bone stock motor, even if everything else is even. Though I wouldnt be surprised to hear they differed a decent amount.

Also, we still havent seen pics of that exciter yet that I can tell!:poke:

There is no substitute for cubic inches. A motor built by a pro is always a plus too. Sounds like it was a good step up for you.

Your results are not surprising...

A Checkmate is not a Hydrostream or Allison when it comes to weight. They gain speed with torque, and the more displacement, the more torque (usually).

Comparing the 2.0L to the 2.5L is like comparing the 2.5L to the 3.0L....there is no comparison on a Checkmate.

Glad to hear you are enjoying your ride!:bigthumb:

HD

Back