• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

2009 Pulsare 1600 Maiden Voyage

dezlpwr

Absolutely love this boat! Brand new 2009 Pulsare 1600 Bowrider with a 2013 Merc Opti Pro XS 115. Got the engine broke in. Am seeing 59mph on Smartcraft GPS speedo with a 24" Laser II prop. Need to go up to a 25 or 26. Wants to rev faster than the 5750 WOT. Chine walks at top speed which is a little scary, but still trying to get her dialed in! Any tips to eliminate the chine walk? Motor is mounted to a 6" manual jackplate. Low 60's should be no prob with the 26 Laser II that I just ordered... :)
On the trailer:

IMG_20130602_210931_326.jpg

On the lift for the first time in the water:

IMG_20130604_145347_544.jpg

At the Tides Tavern in Gig Harbor, WA:

IMG_20130605_175433_650.jpg

Last edited:
Check your motor height. Center line of the prop should be about 3" below the bottom of the boat. That is a good place to start. You can raise or lower about 1/4" at a time untill you find the spot that is the fastest and has the least amount of chine walk. Nice boat!

Check your motor height. Center line of the prop should be about 3" below the bottom of the boat. That is a good place to start. You can raise or lower about 1/4" at a time untill you find the spot that is the fastest and has the least amount of chine walk. Nice boat!
I will do that. Thanks!

I’ve got an ‘06 1600, pretty rare boat by the looks of it. I’m not sure I’ve ever seen an 1850 in the flesh though either.

Nice looking 1600 Pulsare! 59 mph right out of the box with a 115 seems like a good speed. I’m guessing there might be a few more mph left w- more set up and seat time.
Good luck-

Back