• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

2016 Muskoka Checkmate Rally

Muskoka

Once again "Muskoka" is arranging a great day for us who are Checkmate enthusiasts. A tour of the 3 Muskoka lakes with lunch at Turtle Jacks in Port Carling and post rally refreshments at a private cottage on Lake Muskoka. All sizes and styles of Checkmate Power Boats welcome to attend.

Here are the details.
-----------------------------------------
I am pleased to invite you to attend the 2016 Muskoka Checkmate Rally

When: Saturday August 6th 2016; meet@ 9:15am, departing at 10:00am
Where to meet: Gravenhurst Wharf, Gravenhurst, ON
No entry fees: Drivers will sign a waiver and attend the drivers meeting @ 9:45am. We will meet at Gravenhurst Wharf public dock.
For those trailering, great free boat launching facilities and trailer parking available. Meet on the water at the docks just near the Steamships.

Reminder and Details for Muskoka Checkmate Rally

[FONT=&quot]What fabulous summer weather we are enjoying in ON. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I look forward to seeing many of you this Saturday at the Muskoka Checkmate Rally. Many of the usual group of Checkmates will be attending plus a few new ones.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]This Rally is for Checkmate power boats ONLY please.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Details:[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]We will start from the usual location for those who have joined in the past, Gravenhurst Wharf, Gravenhurst ON. Our plan will be similar to previous years with a fun day touring Lake Muskoka, lunch at Turtle Jacks in Port Carling followed by a tour of Lakes Rosseau and Joseph. We have planned the après rally refreshment event, on Lk Muskoka 4-7pm at a members cottage. This is a full day event, meeting at 9:15am at the Wharf docks, Drivers meeting at 9:45am with departure by 10am. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]For those trailering to Gravenhurst Wharf, there is lots of trailer/truck public parking and 2 public launching ramps just past the Wharf area on Hwy 169. It is well signed from the highway.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]We will meet in front of Boston Pizza at the docks out front.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Come with a full gas and oil tank. [/FONT]

Looking forward to this weekend. Is there gas along the way? If I remember correctly this is about a 100 mile run and that is at the very limits of my fuel range if I'm being good to her.

Looking forward to this weekend. Is there gas along the way? If I remember correctly this is about a 100 mile run and that is at the very limits of my fuel range if I'm being good to her.

We can arrange a gas stop or two. I know in the past either Foots bay or town or Rosseau. It is about 100 miles I know the 2100's with 160 litre fuel tank can do the run on a full tank and have some left over.

Route

Attached is the proposed Route
Muskoka%20Checkmate%20Rally%202016%20Route.jpg

I was having a bit of a hard time getting an address for my GPS. It looks like its next door to the Residence Inn. Is that correct?

That's right, here's a streetview of the launch area:

https://goo.gl/maps/rxMDuHZXrbB2

I PMed you my cell in case you run into trouble.

We will be there again. However, I am not sure to what degree we will keep up with everyone this year with between 2 and 4.5 people in the boat, we may take it much easier than the last couple

a half mile before Turtle Jacks is a gas bar on the dock at the Port Carling marine. Mine is on a trailer this weekend going to the decal shop. any idea what time at turtle jacks. Will wander over and meet you all

a half mile before Turtle Jacks is a gas bar on the dock at the Port Carling marine. Mine is on a trailer this weekend going to the decal shop. any idea what time at turtle jacks. Will wander over and meet you all

In the past it was around 11:45 if I recall correctly

Pic's from the Rally

Hi Everyone, great to see everyone again .. still boatless but the bug is coming back again. I think its time to buy another Pulsare !!

I took a whole whack of pictures, here goes .. can only add 15 to a thread so be patient !!

Terrific day, had a blast following you guys around and bumped into a couple I met years ago on Lake Muskoka with their Jet Ski.

Bruce

P8060001.jpg

P8060002.jpg

P8060003.jpg

P8060004.jpg

P8060005.jpg

P8060006.jpg

P8060007.jpg

P8060008.jpg

P8060009.jpg

P8060010.jpg

P8060011.jpg