• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

21 pulsare prop and motor height

The Rooster

Hello all, brand new to the forum and proud new checkmate owner.

Forgive the first post involving likely the most over talked subject.... but I'm honestly just looking for a shortcut, so I can get a prop ordered.

Here's what I have:

2009 21 pulsare closed deck
2010 mercury 300 proxs
12" sea star hydraulic lift/setback
Fleet master gearcase

Best speed to date is 82 on gps with a 26" (drag maybe?)4 blade mercury chopper. This prop came on the boat.
Achieved at full lift on the transom with myself and a passenger (330lbs combined) approx 3/4 tank of gas, 6"-12" chop. Into the wind was 81mph, with wind 82mph. Hitting the rev limiter at 6400 rpms.

Tried an old 27" hoss 3 blade chopper that I ran on a hydrostream years ago and saw the same results. Almost identical infact.

I'm sure the question has been beaten to death but is there a tried and true prop that will get the most out of this boat?

I've also read that this boat with a 300xs is capable of 95mph with a sport master gearcase... any truth to that? I'm guessing my fleetmaster is going to max out in the high 80's without a nosecone..

Absolutely in love with the boat. And the 300xs is incredible.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

I have a 1995 2100br pulsare with a 2007 250 ProXs. Boat has run 82 with a 28 Trophy and will run 77-78 with a Tempest plus 27 pitch. My favorite props are the tempest plus for acceleration and handling. I would think with the 300 you should either in a 28 to 30 pitch range with whatever number of blades. If you are interested send me your info - address and I would be willing to let you try out the 28 Trophy, and purchase it if you like, I may also have a 30 pitch cleaver available.

send me a PM

Chuck

How much do you want for the 28 with shipping. I might be interested for the right price. I have a 27 and can only get 79 MPH out of and it hits the limiter if I'm running light.

Hey get in line lol!

Thanks for the response chuck

Ive been thinking the 28 trophy is probably the way to go. What RPMS are you turning at 82 with it?

Just kidding Kevin, If youwant to buy it from chuck go right ahead.
I'm looking for info more than anything so I can buy the right prop. Im in Ontario Canada so shipping the prop to me from the US can be pricey.

Where in Ontario are you located?
Any idea what gear ratio is in the lower unit? You will want 1.62

Ok, here it goes: 1st I would add 2" Bob's setback spacers to give you 14" of setback. 2nd I would switch to a Trophy Plus 27/28. 3rd, I would tap and plug the top 3 holes on the side of your gearcase to avoid sucking air as you raise your motor up. I believe about 1" below the bottom of the boat will result in your best speeds.. I'm sure Wildman can chime in as he's setup quite a few Pulsare 2100's with 300XS's..You should easily break the 90mph barrier with 1 person on board...

Where in Ontario are you located?
Any idea what gear ratio is in the lower unit? You will want 1.62

I'm led to believe that its a 1.75 ratio. When I go on mercury's prop selector its the only ratio shown for a 300 with the fleetmaster gearcase...

Ok, here it goes: 1st I would add 2" Bob's setback spacers to give you 14" of setback. 2nd I would switch to a Trophy Plus 27/28. 3rd, I would tap and plug the top 3 holes on the side of your gearcase to avoid sucking air as you raise your motor up. I believe about 1" below the bottom of the boat will result in your best speeds.. I'm sure Wildman can chime in as he's setup quite a few Pulsare 2100's with 300XS's..You should easily break the 90mph barrier with 1 person on board...

Thanks Jupiter, this is the info I was hoping for.
Ive actually ordered a 28 trophy plus, should have it for next weekend to try.
I was thinking the same thing as far as plugging the upper holes on the gearcase (used to always do it to my black max's back in the day) but my water pressure is solid, even at full lift so not sure if its necessary.
Is the fleetmaster gearcase actually capable of running 90 without a nosecone?
Ive had my eye on a Labbed 30" Bravo 1 on ebay but Im hesitant to buy an unknown "labbed" prop... A friend of mine has run 86 in his pulsare with a 250xs turning a 28 bravo 1 so a 30 seems like a good option to try for the 300.

Another option is the powertech tr04. It's similar to a trophy plus but has additional rake added. Really a great performer on my starflite.

Thanks Jupiter, this is the info I was hoping for.
Ive actually ordered a 28 trophy plus, should have it for next weekend to try.
I was thinking the same thing as far as plugging the upper holes on the gearcase (used to always do it to my black max's back in the day) but my water pressure is solid, even at full lift so not sure if its necessary.
Is the fleetmaster gearcase actually capable of running 90 without a nosecone?
Ive had my eye on a Labbed 30" Bravo 1 on ebay but Im hesitant to buy an unknown "labbed" prop... A friend of mine has run 86 in his pulsare with a 250xs turning a 28 bravo 1 so a 30 seems like a good option to try for the 300.

I would suspect you'd be on the borderline of blowout with the fleetmaster at that speed. A cone or a Sportmaster gearcase would be needed.

is this boat a 2009 ? if so it may be my old boat .ad it as custom made seats and decals on
reer deck..do you have more pics..? sold it w/250 xs and the buyer switch motor to a 300 xs ..It ran 92 mph on boat odometer and 82 gps..

is this boat a 2009 ? if so it may be my old boat .ad it as custom made seats and decals on
reer deck..do you have more pics..? sold it w/250 xs and the buyer switch motor to a 300 xs ..It ran 92 mph on boat odometer and 82 gps..

It came off of Lake muskoka, the guy I bought it from was the second owner. No decals on rear, and pretty sure the seats are stock.
Has an auto meter gps speedo that reads accurately (when it works.. it sometimes sticks which is a piss off, dont know if its the gauge or the antenna)

I cant seem to post any pics; dont know what im doing wrong....

Back