• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

2400 Pulsare Br vs 2400 Brx BR

I like this post as I am having the exact same thought of BRX or just a BR. Doe snot seem like Checkmate is really advertizing the BR with the crawl though much any more. It is only a 2400 or the 2400brx. I have see the BRX and it is huge inside compared to my 2100br.

I think someone on the forum has built a new 2400br with a 300xs but can't find what he expects out of speed.

This past weekend I ran a 2400 with a 300xs against my 2100br with a 225 pro XS. Very close in calm or consistant chop but in the waves and rough he was gone as I had to back off. We both had 2 guys and full tanks at start of a 100 mile run and throughout the day we stayed close in speed in perfect 21ft conditions. The 24 seems to haul a$$ in the rough IMO :). He said best speed he saw was 76 but this in Ontario not sea level.

Both boats are awesome. They probably have the same total amount of storage, it is just in different places and shapes. We are a watertoy family. For that my br is great because I can put a wakeboard in the gunnel space on each side, along with my anchorshade top. I can also carry two kneeboards and multiple tubes in the nose, along with the anchor and have room to spare (When there's nothing up there my wife can take a nap in that space). My slalom skis ride in the gunnel space of the bow area on one side and my four big fenders on the other side along with the anchor light and paddle. Towels, lines, and misc junk under the back seat. We sit the cooler in the depression in the floor that you use to crawl under the dash and there is still plenty of room to get through there. Since I haven't tried to load all this junk onto a brx I can't speak to exactly how it would all fit, but when we looked at one I thought I could make it all work.

jsheperd - we are practically neighbors, I'm just outside Canal Fulton. Where do you go on the river? We usually go to Kennedy Park near East Liverpool, or Salt Fork.

Hi 88 , Small world. I used to go to Kennedy but I have a permanent site at The landings in Marietta. The river is very nice there and appears to be much cleaner than east liverpool and there is about 40 miles lock to lock and you can go up the Muskingum river or down the Little Kanawha . Salt Fork is just to busy for me and way to many slow zones.

You are more than welcome to stop by and I'll show you some of the nice spots on the islands to hang out. It takes us about 1hr 50 min to get to the campground

Talked to Wildman the other day.Now im not sure what Id like.It seems like I almost need to go for 2 boats.Our velocity is running high 70s maybe in right conditions itll hit 80.It handle rough water great but isnt much of a lake boat and Ive never seen one with a ski pylon.Torn what to do.:confused:

Our velocity is running high 70s maybe in right conditions itll hit 80.It handle rough water great but isnt much of a lake boat and Ive never seen one with a ski pylon.Torn what to do.:confused:

Why isn't your 22' Velocity much of a lake boat? Just curious. I kinda like those outboard Velocitys.

Talked to Wildman the other day.Now im not sure what Id like.It seems like I almost need to go for 2 boats.Our velocity is running high 70s maybe in right conditions itll hit 80.It handle rough water great but isnt much of a lake boat and Ive never seen one with a ski pylon.Torn what to do.:confused:

I think 2 boats is the answer or at least it is for me. If they made a BRX with a closed rear deck and a 2ft swim platform with twin 250xs's I would trade mine in a heartbeat.

Most boats that are fast enough to satisfy my need for speed are not family type boats and are not set up for tubing and skiing. For myself an open bow is a must, easier for boating in so many ways. The 2400brx satisfies that need as well as being fast enough to have some fun and pretty good on fuel. You can run 68-70 with several people on board , full of fuel and skis etc. You can do this and run wot for miles with no drama.

My plan is to get a liberator,STV Euro etc for my "guy" weekends when we just want to go fast ( 100 + ). Bottom line is that at some point there just can't be an all in one boat. If there is I have not found it.

I hear you on the second boat. Lately I've had a jonesing for an Allison Grand Sport, just don't have the garage space for two at the moment.

jshepard, I hear you on Salt Fork being too crowded. We only go there because with the work schedules right now it's the best compromise to get there quick, get some ski time in and get home to go back to work. Been to Marietta a couple times, and it is definately nicer than East Liverpool. Have some friends that used to stay at the landings. Once the boy leaves for college in a couple weeks maybe I'll try to meet you down there.

Back