• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

242 sport.

I am looking to buy a 1997 Convinsor 242 sport.

The owner claims it's a specially built boat and only 10 were made that year.

I can't seem to find a listing for a 242 sport in '97... Did this model exist then?

It has a 454 mag in it and he says it runs 72 mph GPS with a labbed 24 pitch prop

Unfortunately it has been sitting for 5 years so I won't be able to sea trial it until I get the fuel system cleaned out..

Anyone ever put big power in one ?

Thanks !

Doug

I had a 97 242 sport, sounds like he is going off of speedo speeds, a 500 hp will get you right around that speed with a 24 prop

I am looking to buy a 1997 Convinsor 242 sport.

The owner claims it's a specially built boat and only 10 were made that year.

I can't seem to find a listing for a 242 sport in '97... Did this model exist then?

It has a 454 mag in it and he says it runs 72 mph GPS with a labbed 24 pitch prop

Unfortunately it has been sitting for 5 years so I won't be able to sea trial it until I get the fuel system cleaned out..

Anyone ever put big power in one ?

Thanks !

Doug

I have moderate power running like 500hp right now and you can look at around 72-75mph with that at around 5300RPM with a 26 pitch 4 blade. I have never done a speed run taking stuff out of my boat or running low on gas and this is a GPS speed. I also havent taken my RPM limiter out of my MSD box, all this will be history next year now that im getting all shook out. I will also have a dyno number on my engine next year probably 650 horse without the limitations i put on it this year. I dont know how many were produced i know a lot of people have expressed interest in mine. The checkmate factory guys has said its one of their favorite hulls of all time.

My boat may be for sale soon as i look for something i will be able to sleep and shower on.

Also, they showed you the video of him chine walking off a bad wave not the one where he blasted over 106mph

He is not running 72mph with a stock 454 mag as i know with my labbed blade i am well over 5k to hit those speeds and no stock 454 it going to push that

:eyecrazy: Wow, that the first time i've ever seen that video!! I think i woulda needed a fresh set of underwear after that ride!!

I always thought the 242's would easily run 70 with a stock 502, definitely not with a 454 tho. If the time ever does come that i decide to upgrade to a bigger 'Mate the 242 Sport is at the top of my list to look for, but i'd want to find one with at least a 502.

BI,

Man, havent talked with you in a while!

thats the same hull as I had....while running the cslob cam!! Mine with the 454, 330hp ran 56-57, the 502 (with said cam) would push me to 73. Id bet hes just around 67-68 with the 454mag.
when i through the m1 procharger on it and just 3psi of boost i was pushing 83 pretty consistantly.

there was one guy on here from michigan i met in the past at smoke on the water who was running a roots blower setup around 1000hp and said was running just over 100mph.

good hull for some speeds! I may have some props left for you also...let me know.:banana:

Kevin

Hey Kevin !

Good hearing from you !! You're right, it's been a while !

Yeah, I doubt it's gonna happen... The interior is trashed but he still thinks it's worth about $25,000...

Back