• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

86 Rub Rail

jumbofordman

So I have two 86 Checkmates, and both need the rub rail insert, both are the same style, just different colors. Anyone know where to source this rubrail, it doesn't seem to match anything at Taco.

Thanks.

So I have two 86 Checkmates, and both need the rub rail insert, both are the same style, just different colors. Anyone know where to source this rubrail, it doesn't seem to match anything at Taco.

Thanks.

Did you try WEST MARINE or JAMESTOWN DISTRIBUTORS. They both have a small selection.

I think I've found 2 possible solutions. The first is Wefco Rubber, part number 0101G, available in black or white. The second is at Great Lakes Marine. They have rubrail inserts for Starcraft boats, which is identical to our rub rail. Colors available are Cream and Taupe, although the Taupe looks pretty grey on my monitor. I'm going to contact them today and see if they can send me a sample of each.

For future reference, the maximum width of our rub rail insert is 1 1/8", with the part that protrudes being 3/4" wide.

Last edited:
Does anyone know if someone makes a clear 1986 rub rail rubber insert? Placing LED light strip behind it would be bad ass!

Back