• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Accon Pull Up Cleat Sealant?

xsv spd

I am replacing the factory "toe stubber" cleats with Accon pull up cleats and bezels (to cover holes left from old cleats). Does anyone have advice on how I should seal the bezels and cleats so no water can seep in? There must be a 3M product sealant or gasket I should use?

They should look nice once complete the new bezels match the ones on the guages.

Thanks

Clear marine silicone is what I used when I installed them on my pulsare just wipe the excess off worked great

Did you use the clear silicone between the gel and bezel and then between the bezel and the cleat? I would imagine so, it wouldn't make sense to seal only half of the job..

Back