• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

aerodynamic fin

1980 ENCHANTER

does anyone know what the aerodynamic fin on the back of race boats in front of the outboard motor is called? kinda resembles a shark fin. and also is there any checkmates that came with them or has anyone put one on a mate. im considering finding or fabing one for my enchanter just for looks.

Are you talking on the bottom of the hull or the front of the motor? If it's the bottom of the hull those fins can also be found on pretty much all the tournament ski boats and wake board / surf boats too because they have a direct shaft drive or V shaft driven prop and a rudder.

If your talking about a fin on the front of an outboard motor, well that's a nose cone and low water pick up.

If we are indeed speaking aero vs hydro, then how about fairing, which might be topped by a fin.

sorry I have been away from civilization for a few days. look up like a Allison drag boat its the fin on top of boat rite infront of the cowling to kinda direct air around it. I was just wondering if any one has made one for a checkmate I wanted to see how it would look.i may want to fab one for the enchanter

Ohh, I got it now, not sure what it's called, but you want a faring for the powerhead. I don't think I've ever seen one or any pictures of one on an Enchanter or any of the other non- race checkmate hulls.

Other than a custom look, I don't think you will attain enough speed safely to get any benefit from a fairing in front of the motor.

yes it would be just for looks I like the way they look. kinda like putting a cowl hood on a stock vehicle it dosent go any faster but it looks good lol

Back