• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Batteries

Garret

What is the best batteries ? Here is what I am running . 502 BBC , normal stereo , no fridge . :popcorn:

I just put 2 new AC Delco Voyager group 27 batteries in last week. I ran for a day and half with no alternator last weekend on one battery and it's still starting. Now I need new belts though.

I've had good luck with Deka batteries as well. Duracell from Sam's club are very reasonable prices and are just Deka with a different label on them. Very few actual manufacturers of lead acid cells anymore. Each one sells same product under multiple names.

One I've never had luck with is optimas. They are junk and not worth the money imo.

I've had good luck with Deka batteries as well. Duracell from Sam's club are very reasonable prices and are just Deka with a different label on them. Very few actual manufacturers of lead acid cells anymore. Each one sells same product under multiple names.

One I've never had luck with is optimas. They are junk and not worth the money imo.
I bought a truck with an Optima battery. I don't think it lasted 3 years. Expensive for that short lifespan.
I get my batteries from walmart. MAXX series. Last ones were still good but weak after 5 years.
They aren't the marine style deep cycle but I use it mainly for starting and don't run them down during a day on the lake.
They have a 3 year free replacement and 5 year pro rated.
I also have an Interstate battery sitting in my seldom used vette with no battery tender and it's over 12 years old.:confused:

I have always had good luck with the interstate green top cranking batteries.

I have had two optimas in my nova and I'll never buy one again there junk imo.

I'll

Deka for me too. A regular starting battery for the engine and a deep cycle for the stereo. I have over 1500 watts total power and I can listen all day.

I just bought a pair of Exide Nautilus 1000 cca marine starting batts for $65 ea. I do not buy deep cycle unless its for a bass boat{trolling motor}. Wish me luck as it seems pretty cheap lol.

I have the Exide Nautilus in mine as well. One starting and one deep cycle for the house battery. I can not attest to how long they will last. However, I was ably to run my stereo full tilt on the group 27 for 4-5 hours one day without dying.

It has been my experience that if you buy the proper battery and use it for what it is intended to do, they will last. IE, Being diligent in switching the battery selector to the starting battery every time will make the deep cycle last.

Back