• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Best product for cleaning seats???

mh2508

Time to start scrubbing on my seats, hoping someone might have a recommendation on a really good cleaner that might make the job easier and the interior look better???

I use Bleache White,be careful not to get it on the gel or carpet.Magic Eraser works good to.

I agree with lcboater, Westleys bleach white worked very well. I think this stuff is for cleaning white wall tires! We have a 26' Pursuader with original interior. After bleaning with bleach white, it looked like new. Watch the over spray.:thumb:

I agree with lcboater, Westleys bleach white worked very well. I think this stuff is for cleaning white wall tires! We have a 26' Pursuader with original interior. After bleaning with bleach white, it looked like new. Watch the over spray.:thumb:

I have a bottle of that I was wondering if that maybe would work. Doesnt hurt the material at all?

Simple green seems to work wonders also....just wipe it down with a wet rag after to get rid of the residue. If your vinyl is white, Chlorox Clean-Up works good too. I have also used Soft-Scrub with Bleach on stains in the texture that are hard to get out. With my boat being mostly white, it seems anything with bleach is a good choice and avoid using cleaners with heavy dyes.....I used purple power once and it stained my fiberglass bad! Took bleach and buffing to remove it. Magic Erasers are good for scrubbing too. The only problem I have with Bleech-White is that it tends to dry the vinyl out and I have to rub a moisturizer in to rejuvenate it.

I use magic erasers on all my boats and they work very well . Once im done I use a vinyl cleaner/conditoner with a uv blocker ...

I have a bottle of that I was wondering if that maybe would work. Doesnt hurt the material at all?
No, it doesn't hurt anything,in fact it doesn't contain bleach. I spray it on,scrub with a brush,then wipe it off with a wet cloth. After it dries a good coat of 303 works good. A friend told me that Checkmate recomends Lemon Pledge on the interior.

Try scrubbing bubbles bathroom cleaner or a generic brand. That is what Checkmate uses to clean interiors with. Works pretty darn good. boatman

Simple green seems to work wonders also....just wipe it down with a wet rag after to get rid of the residue. If your vinyl is white, Chlorox Clean-Up works good too. I have also used Soft-Scrub with Bleach on stains in the texture that are hard to get out. With my boat being mostly white, it seems anything with bleach is a good choice and avoid using cleaners with heavy dyes.....I used purple power once and it stained my fiberglass bad! Took bleach and buffing to remove it. Magic Erasers are good for scrubbing too. The only problem I have with Bleech-White is that it tends to dry the vinyl out and I have to rub a moisturizer in to rejuvenate it.

I picked up a bottle of both of the Chlorox Clean up with Bleach and Soft scrub with Bleach. They both work equally as good from what I can tell on my white seats. Will either of these harm the vinyl seat areas that are colored?? I have red and silver stripes on some pcs and thought I best check before I try.

MAGIC ERASER!! I know I'm the 4th guy to post it, but they WORK.

Yup I was aware of those, using them with the cleaners even. Then washing and conditioning. Just worried if the cleaners can be used on the colored fabric areas.

I picked up a bottle of both of the Chlorox Clean up with Bleach and Soft scrub with Bleach. They both work equally as good from what I can tell on my white seats. Will either of these harm the vinyl seat areas that are colored?? I have red and silver stripes on some pcs and thought I best check before I try.

Is your color areas vinyl or is it fabric? I have dark teal colored vinyl with my white and the bleach has not hurt it one bit because the color is impregnated into the vinyl. Using the bleach just cleans the color areas just as well and has never faded or bled. If the color you are talking about is vinyl, you should be fine......if you are still scared, try it in an inconspicuous area first:thumb:

Is your color areas vinyl or is it fabric? I have dark teal colored vinyl with my white and the bleach has not hurt it one bit because the color is impregnated into the vinyl. Using the bleach just cleans the color areas just as well and has never faded or bled. If the color you are talking about is vinyl, you should be fine......if you are still scared, try it in an inconspicuous area first:thumb:

They are vinyl just like the rest of the interior. I will test it on an area that isnt seen first.

When I got my interior done at checkmate they told me lemon pledge also. Doesn't work to good on stains but for general cleaning it works pretty good. Checkmate said it cleans without drying the vinyl out.

When I got my interior done at checkmate they told me lemon pledge also. Doesn't work to good on stains but for general cleaning it works pretty good. Checkmate said it cleans without drying the vinyl out.
I think they recomend it more as a protectant than a cleaner.

Back