• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Black 283 Build in Charlotte

Impellers in the drives yes. I have a major issue with shogren on this boat actually. Not hull related all engine related. Makes me worry about current state of drives. Before I post about it I'm going to give them a chance to make right before I make it public, it's the right thing to do I feel.

Need your guys help. Talk to Bret b blades. He asked me weight, loaded fuel and gear and I simply guessed 7500lb. You guys think that's accurate? Or close to? Have a week before he ships trial props. FYI...... 1400 hp (I'll have dyno soon) 7500lb, 32p bravo 4 his guess is 110mph.

There has been a lot of discussion on that boat on here. I was actually going to buy it some years ago @38K when it had the Bulldogs in it. Later they took the 540's out and put them in an Active Thunder and put some 454 motors in the black Checkmate. Then it sat. A few of us have looked at the boat and hope you had it surveyed, cause there were questions. It has a ton of potential.

Hmmmm, don't know bravos well at all. Actually haven't had one forever. Last few boats had an areneson, bmax, and Volvo. All I know is the one side was not picking up the water when hooked to the muffler.

There has been a lot of discussion on that boat on here. I was actually going to buy it some years ago @38K when it had the Bulldogs in it. Later they took the 540's out and put them in an Active Thunder and put some 454 motors in the black Checkmate. Then it sat. A few of us have looked at the boat and hope you had it surveyed, cause there were questions. It has a ton of potential.

May I ask why you didn't buy it? And no, I didn't have it surveyed.

Sweet looking boat. It was there a very long time for some reason. I'm sure the black and the repaint had a bit to do with it. I never understood why they would pull the 540s out and slow it way down. At 18k it was a good buy and you will have a sweet boat when your done. Enjoy it .

Alot of indecision on a very small part. The flame arrestor. The boat has cutouts under the deck for them, the hole measures 10 7/8 in diameter. I desperately want to keep it stock, definately dont' want to cut, but also don't want to shim the deck platform either. I called K & N and they told me I would need literally their largest 14x4 to met the CFM requirements. So that's out. Called Hardin marine and they couldn't even give me specs on their offering. Ran into a cool guy at gaffrig and so I snatched up two of these http://gaffrigperformance.com/boat-...0-holley-rochester-flame-arrestor-10-x-2.html He said they should flow mid 900's which is where I need to be. I'm a little skeptical and hope that they don't choke the engine, and with higher manifold we're using I don't end up have to modifier the deck anyways.

First run complete, numbers were light, temp was 94 with major humidity. One made 690, the other made 686. They will run bith in the morning and get more time on them. I will post numbers. There will be vids on YouTube and dump sheets soon:rof:

Props are on the way, per Bret at B Blade, we are in fact trying 32p bravos first.

Another unexpected cost. And curious to hear you guys thoughts is, possibly needing to buy two oil coolers. White performance will not warranty the engines if a new oil cooler is not installed at the same time.

What are your guys thoughts on this? We're talking about another $1000

That was actually one of the very first things I bought for my new engine build. I sprung for a large one that has a thermostat in it to ensure the oil gets to a proper operating temp. Mine also has a power steering fluid cooler in it.

To me, $1000 seems like a drop in the bucket when you consider being able to carry a warranty on over $10k in engines.

It is a small price in relation to the build but that's not the issue. I'm looking at it more as potentially throwing money at something that's not needed. I've never even heard of an oil cooler going bad.

It is a small price in relation to the build but that's not the issue. I'm looking at it more as potentially throwing money at something that's not needed. I've never even heard of an oil cooler going bad.

Listen to the guy that built your engines. They know much more then we do. Don't go cheap now, pay the piper and have them installed.

Just my 2 cents!
:banana:

Yes I would also buy them. They get clogged all the time with debris and if you feel yours are in great condition sell them and help ease the pain. Your build is looking great

Back