• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Can I get some opinions on this prop?

freightguy

I am running a 19P right now and I am not happy with the production I am getting. At 5500 RPMs I am running about 45 MPH, which I dont feel is right. My boat is topping out at 55 MPH, but to get there the tach running off the gauge over 7000 RPMs. So I know there may be a tach issue as well, but still I dont feel the speed is where it should be.

http://miami.craigslist.org/brw/bpo/5862889674.html

This is a 26P. Is that too much of a jump?

Black max engines don't have rev limiters so you are actually spinning the engine to 7000 rpm, nothing wrong with the tach at all. 5500 is the designed rpm pilot for that engine however you can safely run it up to 6000. Any more than that you are playing with fire.

I have no idea what was stock. I've run a same prop (unmarked except with a 25 dremeled into the side, so I'm guessing 25 pitch) on both a 150 and 175 on my Enchanter and the 150 pushes is to about 58, and the 175 to 62, both well under 6k rpms. With a known 23 it goes a little bit slower.

When I first bought my Predictor with a 150 Merc it had a 21 pitch prop and would go way over 6000 rpms, that's how I know 7k with a 19 is correct.

One other thing to keep in mind, the even numbered Lasers are for the small lower unit, the odd numbers are for the Alphas and larger V6 lower.

Back