• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Checkmate at this years Miami Boat Show!

Thank you, Hustler Ownership!!!

Not that I can attend or anything, but I think that is very smart marketing for any performance boat manufacturer.

That's great, can't beat that exposure!! But, weren't they at the Miami show a few years ago with the "beckmate" 244 ZT and a couple other boats? Man i would love to fly down some year for the Miami show, the pictures every year make it look like a high performance Heaven!!!

That's great, can't beat that exposure!! But, weren't they at the Miami show a few years ago with the "beckmate" 244 ZT and a couple other boats? Man i would love to fly down some year for the Miami show, the pictures every year make it look like a high performance Heaven!!!

Two years ago when I went it was awesome. But there were not as many power boats as I hoped would be. There were a ton of cruisers and center console boats as far as you could see. But probably only 5-7 power boat companies. Hustler was one of them. Just for people who have not been and are thinking about going. Its not just powerboats everywhere. You actually gotta kinda hunt for them. Hopefully the economy and powerboating has made a comeback and there will be more of them. It waz amazing to go As d an awesome expedience but just not how I expected it to be.

They were there in 2009. I worked the booth for 5 days.

2009 I would guess was a rather depressing time to be selling performance boats, maybe lots of lookers but few buyers?

Two years ago when I went it was awesome. But there were not as many power boats as I hoped would be. There were a ton of cruisers and center console boats as far as you could see. But probably only 5-7 power boat companies. Hustler was one of them. Just for people who have not been and are thinking about going. Its not just powerboats everywhere. You actually gotta kinda hunt for them. Hopefully the economy and powerboating has made a comeback and there will be more of them. It waz amazing to go As d an awesome expedience but just not how I expected it to be.

May be a few more this year, since the economy is a little better and so many of the performance boat companies are now selling center consoles too.

I will be attending at least one of the days..visiting with old friends and shooting photos...maybe even sell a boat or two!! lol

Maybe see ya there, I'm thinking of doing a little photo shoot myself and possibly purchase a boat or two {actually just one maybe}.
Depends on what my work/travel schedule looks like after the first of the year.

i think they have to do this show; there are friends of mine that did go last year and there were brands putting up the sign sold out!!

http://youtu.be/IpbbSxQw4fE

Personally I have only been to 1 boat show. I was at the Chicago Boat Show in 1976. We took 2 tractor trailer rigs full of the other brand that used to be in Bucyrus to show. I was there for a week saw a lot of great looking boats including CHECKMATES. Who would have guessed that 38 years later that I am working for Checkmate.

Anybody been to show.....

Was wondering if anyone on here went to Miami ....? Hearing pretty good traffic, etc....

I have 3 close friends down there but was not able to get the time off to go myself. I will start a thread on all of the pics that keep blowing my phone up when i get a chance to load them all onto photobucket! :cheers:

Kip,

My family and I went for one day (Sunday) before our vacation. The show was amazing and everyone in the tent was super nice to my whole family (including my 3 kids, oldest of which is 5).

This was our first time at the show so I cannot compare it to previous years but it was packed.

The displays looked great! Joe and the crew spent a lot of time with us and made our day. My wife asked my 5 year old son what his favorite part of our trip was at the end of our vacation today (included a cruise to Key West and Cozumel and a day at the beach in Ft Lauderdale) he said the boat show!

One thing I noticed was a lack of 25-28' performance boats at the show (the only thing in that range I saw was the nastiest looking Baja ever created with twin outboards and a wakeboard tower). Would have been nice to see a 26' mate there but I understand the costs involved with bringing boats so far and space allowed in the tent.

The Pulsare looked beautiful (love the colors) and whenever we were going by the tent it looked busy.

For any Checkmate members looking to move up I was very impressed by the 29' Rockit. It had a lot of cockpit space and was very well laid out. The seating position for the driver and dash layout was spot on. Like a stretched and heavily updated version of our old 253 with great storage and a roomy cabin in this size boat. Craftsmanship was just like our slingshot and the bigger Rockit.

All I can say about the 39' rockit is wow! Sitting in that boat feels absolutely perfect!

Back