• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Checkmate Baja connection...

PA-Checkmate

What was the connection over the years between them?
Did they share any hull molds and which models?
History?

Tell me more about this venture!

O Viper 1, Viper 1, wherefore art thou Viper 1? Fore sure he would have some insight on this

Baja started out as Aeroglastics, when 3 guys from Bucyrus bought some old Checkmate molds in the early 70s. Their first facility was in an old roller derby building. Neil Baker, one of the original owners went on to found Concorde Boats.

What was the connection over the years between them?
Did they share any hull molds and which models?
History?

Tell me more about this venture!
I think the ZT244 was a Baja mold introduced after Doug Smith purchased Checkmate. It was built using the Checkmate balsa core / hand lay up method and not the Baja chopper gun.

Back