• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

CHECKMATE OWNERS RALLY 2015

Did not make it last year, but will be back again this year. The two times I did attend there were slip issues, but with a lot of name calling screaming and yelling we were able to resolve the matter in true Kentucky fashion, although believe all of the involved parties were from Ohio!! Anyway I have said it before, Grider is old but clean, the only cockroaches I found were in the shower!!

Chuck

Reactions: jjg
Satasha and I are in. I'll bring the ribs again.:drool:
beautiful-ribs-400x287.jpg

Best ribs ever...

I have head they are good just a matter of being at the right place at the right time.:poke: Im bringing some for back up if we make it this year.

I'm thinking that we will make it again for the rally. The weather couldn't be much worse than last year. I'm not sure where we will stay as Grider is not our favorite place. I sure hope we can do some running this year.

I am glad to see it is being held at Grider again. I do understand it has its problems. I have been going to Grider most of my life and it honestly has the most down to earth patrons. I can't stand all the my chit doesn't stink at the other docks. Dumb asses wizzing by on there dam scooter (get off you lazy ass and walk). And there are much more covered docks at grider.

We will be making it again this year. Just put notice in. Last year was a blast and can't wait for this year. See yall there!!

Hopefully we hit the same weekend as stager lee on the dock that is a great way to end the last full day of the rally!

Not sure if it will be stagger lee again but one of the reasons we pick the 3rd weekend of July is because Grider should have a band that weekend.

So I have about 6 months to stock up on enough of every ones favorite beer to use to bribe rides for the weekend! Guess I had better start stocking and find a big a$$ cooler!! :cheers:

What's the best way to get a hold of Grider? I gave them a call with no answer, and I sent them an email a couple weeks back, with no answer.

Does anybody know what the house boat rates were last year that kept them at the dock. Was curious if they were different than if you used out on the lake. Might look into that route this year. Not too much longer. We hit 70*yesterday in tn but back to 28*today. This sucks I'm ready to fire up the boats.

I don't know the rate but it is less than renting a house boat. Call and ask for boatel rates. Keep in mind with that option you will have slip fees for anyone staying on it.

I believe it was around $1000 for 3 or 4 nights last year plus fuel. Even though you dont leave the dock with the generator running the ac constantly it uses quite a bit during that amount of time. I have heard you can get it half of that if you dont reserve it but they have one available which is a very good possibility that weekend. Just a little on the risky side but oh what a deal if it works out. I would like to go that route but afraid to commit until I find another boat. Just about 4 1/2 months to go !!

I called today and they said this far in advance the rental is full price whether or not it stays or leaves the dock. If you wait and get one closer to the date it is at the managers discretion to determine the price. The lady I talked to couldn't give me a ballpark price. Sounds like if the rentals are slow they will hand them out cheap. But if it's busy good luck. Looks like a we may get a rooms at the lodge.

We have a houseboat reserved again this year. if you can find a few people to split it with it'd be cool to have a couple houseboats tied up together.

41/2 months of torture waiting for this. We were there 5 days last year and hoping for 6 or 7 this year!!! Still hoping to get to Nashville via Lake Cumberland trip. Maybe this will be the year . :cheers::rof::cheers:

Last edited:
Book our room at grider. We booked the 2 room sweet. 4 people and 2 boats. We will be coming in on Thursday and heading out Monday. Jeff if you don't have a ride by then you always have a seat with us. I'll even let you drive.

Back