• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Checkmate Production Slammed

yes, goes to show how fast things can turn...good or bad....I know how it is for my small co. 26 years now and still not sure what tomorrow will bring !!!:confused:

Has the bank locked the doors yet?

Careful what you say around here about this, you could get roasted for not being loyal to the brand.

But from everything we have been told/heard from our best sources, the factory is in a temporary holding pattern, waiting for enough pre-sold orders to accumulate so they can batch up some boats. We are suppose to be able to order parts if required, but I don't now if anyone has done so. I think the guys wanting seats made up are having to wait till the crew is called back to work as well?

Share a email for all of you

Dear Checkmate Members I am going to Share a email I sent to Doug Smith on Monday May 6th asking Doug when can the Checkmate Members here be able to Order Checkmate Interiors for there Boats. I Know Doug Smith is Doing everything he can to Keep Checkmates Doors Open.

Below You can see the email between Doug and I and that Checkmate right Now is Building Interiors for some boats that they are Finishing up for Customers and that by Next Week some of Our Checkmate Members here on this Checkmate Forum can order some Interiors for there Boats. I Hope this Information Helps some of You here. I Will Check with Doug Smith Next week and see when Our Checkmate Members Can Order there Interiors and I will Post that Information ASAP. Always Sammie Action Marine
Sent: Monday, May 06, 2013 9:36 AM
To: Doug Smith
Subject: Re: Checkmate Interior?

Good Morning My Dear Friend. I Hope You are Feeling Better and had a nice Weekend. Doug Please Let me know when you are set up and Ready to take Interior orders. Thanks My Buddy. Have a Good Week. Your Friend Always Sammie Action Marine
I THINK BY NEXT WEEK WE CAN TAKE A FEW ORDERS. WE ARE BUILDING INTERIORS FOR SOME BOATS WE ARE FINISHING FOR CUSTOMERS.
DOUG SMITH

Careful what you say around here about this, you could get roasted for not being loyal to the brand.

But from everything we have been told/heard from our best sources, the factory is in a temporary holding pattern, waiting for enough pre-sold orders to accumulate so they can batch up some boats. We are suppose to be able to order parts if required, but I don't now if anyone has done so. I think the guys wanting seats made up are having to wait till the crew is called back to work as well?
ive been loyal to the brand for 30years.that has nothing to do with it at all.but when the employes are told to remove there personal items from the plant .well it says it all.

I'm not sure but I bet

This may be the worst kept secret in the whole boating industry, and may not be news to very many.

Still, I bet all the new 2013/14 Checkmate stock that Dealers have in inventory takes a big hit over it.

On the positive, if Viper and others have it correct, there is a great rumor out there that this is a short lived shut down.

I hope so,

But, it is either a good time to get a deal or a bad time to buy a new or even few year old Checkmate, only to have it's value drop a bunch the day you buy it.

I'm still trying to figure out what I want to do.

re Checkmate

Someone Needs to Get all the Old Paper Trails ,Build specs and Hull # Info. Special Orders etc . This will always be of interest for Future restorers.
Boxes with Dust that Have not see Light in Years

If This ends Up in wrong hands/ Dumpster and is Lost forever
Guys who will spend lots on bring boat Back will Love this bit of Info.

Holy Toledo, I didn't know they gobbled up THAT many brands! Some top names on that list.

Back