• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Fuel pump??? 500HP

I bought one of the 110gph holleys from summit years ago & it's still goin strong...without a regulator.

if that was a std BB pump for engine mounting do no think it will work, the seawater pumps use a specific one so they can charge a insane $$$$ for it, again why I go to electrics, if was correct pump must have been POS like they trim sending units !!!

I found the pivot pin in the bilge.
The sierra and merc pumps don't have that hole that goes all the way through.
They must have forgot to peen over the hole that holds the pin in place and it just slides in and out.

I actually had the Holley electric pump in my hand but decided against it since it wouldn't be coast guard approved.
If something should happen I would hate to be denied any insurance claim.
I would also have to cut or change the steel lines which I'm not fond of doing especially on a boat.
This system has worked for 20 years so once I get some good parts I'll be good for many years.
Thanks for the help

Last edited:
Back