• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Gaffrig by Livorsi or Gaffrig Performance

TaySikes

Whats the deal? Two different companies with the same name and same product. How is that possible. Are the two of the same quality? Someone please help me out. I having been looking at the gauges and at first thought it was all the same until someone at Rex Marine told me otherwise.

1989 17' Checkmate 300 Johnson
1973 16' Avenger 150 Johnson

Whats the deal? Two different companies with the same name and same product. How is that possible. Are the two of the same quality? Someone please help me out. I having been looking at the gauges and at first thought it was all the same until someone at Rex Marine told me otherwise.

1989 17' Checkmate 300 Johnson
1973 16' Avenger 150 Johnson

icon_smile.gif
Here is my thought on this, anything Gaffrig and anything Livorsi are owned/trademarks owned by one guy, mike Livorsi..anything that would have either name would be owned by Livorsi Marine or Mike Livorsi. Gaffrigs are one of the nicest gauges, Livorsi is a great company to work with. We just took delivery of a full set of Gaffrigs for Gregs (Gslinger) ZT-280 and I'll post before and after pics when the projects complete. Rick

www.Bayviewmarinecenter.com

I just found something that says Gaffrig Performance was started in 1984 by Bill Gaffrig. I guess it was just a quincident!! So Mike Livorsi (gaffrig) is the real deal, right? The prices of Livorsi seem to be much higher than Gaffrig Performance. They both look identical, except Gaffrig performance has a 270 degree sweep and the regular 90 degree sweep that Livorsi has. I really like the look of the 270.

Back