• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Gonna Try Again, Keuka Lake NY 'Mate Get Together 2015, who's in?

CheckmateFever

Talked to a couple guy's lately, might as well give the Keuka Lake Checkmate Get Together another shot! Not really sure on a date, looking for some input and suggestions. I was thinking maybe Saturday June 27th, but anytime in June would work for me however, only weekend that's out for me is July 11-12, other wise i'm pretty much on the lake every weekend! If anybody is interested, and we can set a definite date, i'll post it on the Facebook Checkmate page as well, might find a few more Mates to come down this year! :cheers:

A number of the guys that that might want to come will be at the Chesapeake checkmate weekend on the 27th. Probaly not the best date for you.

Thanks for the heads up Keith!! Didn't realize that, so yes another weekend would be a better idea.

So, what weekend sounds good? June 20th is Fathers day weekend and right before the Chesapeake Bash, probably not the best time either, which leaves the 6th or 13th left in June. Would the 6th be to early?? On one hand, the lake is usually pretty calm and not nearly as crowded in early June. The 13th is a good date too, but i'll be heading out that saturday evening for another commitment on Sunday. Suggestions, let's hear 'em, even July or August! Really would love to get more than a few Checkmates to come down and hang out this year!!

Keuka

Count me in! Should be free almost any time.Hopefuly the 3rd time will be a charm for me & I can actually run with the rest! (No rain and a functioning water pump). By the way, did they get the Penn Yan channel cleared after last years flooding? Keep me informed - looking forward to it!

I'm gonna have to think hard about this. I'm in Saratoga area so its a little bit of a drive but doable. I have not even had the new boat out yet. Been battling towing vehicle issues aargh.

I just finally got my 'Mate on the water for the season, i'm running a bit behind this season. Anyways, been looking at the calender, how does going with Saturday June 20th sound?? Meet up on the water around 11:00 AM ad go from there. I know it's only a few weeks away and the week before the Chesapeake run, but it's a good way to spend the first "official" weekend of summer! If that sounds ok i'll post on the Checkmate owners Facebook page too!

Already have plans that day but I will catch you sometime! went down last weekend and checked out the state park campground, picked out a few prime sites and planning with the wife now, will let you know when we set a date.

Good deal Chris, we'll see ya out there!!

Oddly Excitered, no problem man, several of us are there almost every weekend, just say the word and we'll get together sometime!

:cheers:

Ya just never know when something is gonna come unglued! Then it's time to fish and have a brew. I'll be around early if anyone else gets an early start.

Had some heavy storms go thru the Finger Lakes last week and over the weekend, right now there is a 5 mph speed limit on the lake, lot's of debris in the water. Should be cleaned up and speed limit lifted by this Saturday but if not i'll let you guy's know before you come all the way down here for nothing! Just wanted to give a heads up.

Ok, 5 mph speed limit was lifted on the lake! But, there is still junk floating around out there so just have to be alert and watch out!

Chris, are you still coming down? I'll be out on the water whenever you guy's come down thru!

I do believe i'll give it a go! Should be down around 11 or so. Do you know if the PY channel was cleared from last years floods? Also ,PM me a phone # so if there is an issue we can get in touch. C U tomorrow! Chris

Bad news, info i got was wrong, according to the Sheriffs office the 5 mph speed limit/no wake is still in affect on the lake! Several folks told me a it was lifted the other day but not the case. It was just on the local news too that the limit is still in place, hard to say if it will be lifted by tomorrow (saturday). Not looking good right now, I'll post again if i hear anything new! :irked:

Well the speed limit will be lifted at 6:00AM Saturday morning, but due to the possible water hazzards that could be maybe waiting till next Saturday, 27th, may be a wiser choice. What you guys think?

Back