• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Has anyone considered a Lake Erie get-it?

June is always a little wet and sketchy. Gone to Bukket's on the bike and dig Jimmy a bunch. Last year's goal was to do the river, but our wknd schedule was either wind or rain all year. :irked: This year should be more conducive. Picjing a date will be the big deal...toss 'em out boys and girls! A little planning with locals wil go a LONG way! Got some jet-boys from the Toledo area who might be interested in 'showing a little muscle!' :lol:

How about poll some dates and make it happen. I just read all the post and hear blah blah blah. lol

Just giving you guys some crap. Sometimes you just need to set a date and make it happen. This thread is 2 yrs old and you guys havent hooked up.

PS
Your all invited to the Cheasapeake bash. June 21-whenever.:)

Can someone give me a location. I'm having trouble find an address for jimmy buckets.

Can someone give me a location. I'm having trouble find an address for jimmy buckets.

Hey Brian i'm showing an address of 2815 N. County Rd. 198 Fremont Ohio 43420. We are going to try to make this one but it depends on the dates. I already have a very busy summer but we go to Sandusky every summer and sure would like to run the Checkmate down there. Would like to meet everyone. Any dates set ?

Let's do it . I have spoke to a band that plays there a lot 3rd Degree. Great band.... I will talk to Jim and get back to everyone next week . Everyone that's in please post so we can have a count. I am guessing that the first 2 weeks of June is a good time for everyone .Please post.:cheers:

Thanks problem child! It's about 3.5 hrs from me. The first two weeks in June sound good to me.

My weekends then are the 1st and 15th. What kind of accomodations/Bay access do ya'll need? There are quite a few to choose from. As far as my personal locale, my campground has a ramp, approx. 10 transient docks available and probably room for as many campers. There is quite a bit around. Jimmy's has dockage and camping also, but space is limited as well.

Let's do it . I have spoke to a band that plays there a lot 3rd Degree. Great band.... I will talk to Jim and get back to everyone next week . Everyone that's in please post so we can have a count. I am guessing that the first 2 weeks of June is a good time for everyone .Please post.:cheers:

Hey Jesse do you know about how far a boat ride from Cedar Point to the location on the river. Just trying to figure out where we will stay. I'd like to stay at Lighthouse Point on the point since they have the marina but just don't know if its doable. When i'm 300+ ft. up on them roller coasters you can see over that way towards the river but I know I have never seen the bay very calm. Or maybe I could just trailer over.

About 45 minutes, I'd say. You have to take it easy going into the mouth of the river and if you're tall you may need to wait on the rail bridge. It's a nice ride with 'good' water. There's also a watering hole about halfway...:thumb:

Any updates? I would like to camp at Jimmy's, it sounds like fun. Why don't we get a date set on this so everyone can request off work.

That weekend is part of ohio bike week. Again, may be a little scketchy. Jimmy's is a popular bike stop and may be a little comprimised...

Not that many of you are planing on going but that is also the weekend of the Chesapeake bash! When you all set the dates I was going to see about joining as your only about a 4.5-5 hour drive from me.

C'mon folks! Let's all get a little into figuring this out. I'm willing to do some legwork, butthis is gettin' a little weird....NO BASHING! Just sayin'....:lol:

Someone just needs to set a date, then the planning can begin. I need to know a date so I know if I can make it. I say one of you local guys just set the date you feel will be best and then it will all come together over the next 4 months. I have been planning on going to the Lake Cumberland weekend for a while and that is about an 8 hour drive for us in July. This one is only a couple hours away for us. I know we can get a good size group of members together and have a great time. We need you local guys input on dates so your schedules are open. Thanks Jeff :surf::surf::surf::surf::surf::surf::surf::surf: :cheers:

Back