• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Help me identify a couple of things...

I pulled everything apart and went to the local bearing supply house and got my bearings and a new seal. I splurged and got SKF bearings instead of the Chinese knock-offs and it was still less than $25 out the door for everything. It took me a couple of hours to get the pump back together and installed. I wish there was a boat "junk yard" around here so I could go scavenge misc. parts like the brackets and the correct raw water pump and coolers. I guess if this works I'll run it as-is. I know it moves a lot of water because it blasts water out of the exhaust like a fire hose when I goose it in the driveway with the muffs on. I'll get it out this weekend for another sea trial and see how she does.

I have one last question for the Convincor guys that isn't engine related: My boat seems to porpoise in certain conditions which is somewhat typical from I've read. It seems to happen when I'm accelerating slowly and get up to ~35-40MPH in slightly choppy water. If I take off hard and run up to 50-55 it never seems to hit that spot. When it starts to do that is the best way to settle it down to just give it throttle and go through it and ride faster or should I be trying to use the drive trim or trim tabs to correct it?

ahh yes, the checkmate bounce. you should be able to control it with keeping your drive burried and maybe adding some down on the tabs. I don't try to trim my drive until I am over 45 mph while cruising because the bouncing begins. i never needed tabs to correct it though, just kept the drive trim all the way down.

Back