• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Hydrostream Top Speeds

175checkmate

Staff member
Er...let's dicuss Hydrostreams...Yeah that's it!
icon_biggrin.gif

[This message was edited by Chris on February 20, 2003 at 09:44 PM.]

Er...let's dicuss Hydrostreams...Yeah that's it!
icon_biggrin.gif

[This message was edited by Chris on February 20, 2003 at 09:44 PM.]

What 'Stream? I'd be damned if it lost to the Tri-Mate that does 53 miles an hour. Even a 13' Voo-Doo can do that man. I'd don't know what is wrong... Maybe the driver sucks real bad... It would pretty funny. If I was there I'd be cheering ya on... LOL
icon_biggrin.gif

icon_cool.gif
Z06
icon_cool.gif

icon_cool.gif
Checkmates may not be the fastest boats on the water, but they are the nicest looking!
icon_cool.gif

icon_biggrin.gif
He wasnt a happy camper thats for sure. My grampa sure thought it was funny.I have a19 pitch prop. how high do you guys think i can go in pitch? Does anybody know of some performance mods for this engine.It runs to good just to shitcan and replace.

Any idea on what model it was? I'd be the one laughing at him. It shows the Checkmate can win against those faster boats eh..
icon_biggrin.gif
I'll look around for some stuff anyways...

icon_cool.gif
Z06
icon_cool.gif

icon_cool.gif
Checkmates may not be the fastest boats on the water, but they are the nicest looking!
icon_cool.gif

I just got rid of An 85 16.5 foot diplomat with a 1994 Evinrude 120. I used a 24p Raker that turned 6000 rpm when it was cool and 5800 rpm when it was hot. Like you said, there is nothing like a boat properly set up. I saw just over 68 on gps on a couple occaisions. Not bat for a V-4. I smoked one stream, but got smoked by many!

icon_cool.gif
Anybody know where I can get a24p raker for a 78 115hp. Hey I found A 140 same make as mine but a couple of years newer.cheap. due to the smoked piston it has.Anybody ever converted a 115 to a 140 evenrude.
icon_confused.gif
Also I have to say this site rocks!!!!
thumb.gif
thumb.gif

You might be better off to do what I did, buy a newer rebuild. The Diplomat I had came with an 84 115, which is only about 90 at the prop. There is a dealer in East Moline, IL that has quite a few early to mid 90's rebuilds in the 120 to 140 range. I paid 3500 for the one I bought, well worth every penny! That motor screamed! Also, the newer motors are rated at the prop, the you are getting real horsepower. The name is Moline Boat and Motor, let me know if you want to give them a call, when I bough the motor I did, he had just picked up a Johnson 140 that he was going to rebuild. Could be your ticket.

440, Rick from Bayview Marine in Greenbay is having a Checkmate gettogether in Aug, should be a great time. We need to get as many people possible up there, this will be the first annual. Mike W is from around you area, I think he is going, we should all make a convoy. Cool site, a bunch of Mates going down the road to have a big party on the bay. Rick said if it is too rough for the smaller boats in the bay, there are plenty of place we can all go.

Whats the matter with beating up on hydro streams, I have a buddy that I run with, he has a vector with a 200. I can put a hurting on him out of the hole and on top end his set up is wrong, (chine walks bad), so he still can't catch me.
I love it

rooster_3.jpg

1975 Checkmate Tri-mate 2, 2.4 200+

How long has he had the boat? A Voo-Doo can do sometimes 60, V-Kings, Valeros, Venus' can mostly do 90+ with the right set up. Before anyone quotes me. I said it. RIGHT SET UP...

icon_cool.gif
Z06
icon_cool.gif

icon_cool.gif
icon_cool.gif

You would be surprized at how few boats will run 90+, The GPS is hard to fool.
You can't go by the speedometer, they lie. Mine reads a little over 75 running 68.9 on GPS.

rooster_3.jpg

Check out the IHR for all the 'Streams that do over 90+ There is a whole lot of them. But your right, very few in total can make it over 90

icon_cool.gif
Z06
icon_cool.gif

icon_cool.gif
icon_cool.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Chevy Corvette Z06:
Check out the IHR for all the 'Streams that do over 90+ There is a whole lot of them. But your right, very few in total can make it over 90

icon_cool.gif
Z06
icon_cool.gif

icon_cool.gif
icon_cool.gif
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>I'm sure they are more than a handful over 90 too.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Webmaster
Checkmate-Boats.com-The Fanatics Home!

Here is a list of all the 90+ Boats. I'll next post the lucky 100+ boats...

Barton Jacques '78 Viking/Merc 2.4 Bridgeport Carb 97.2 29" Mazco RE3
Chris Thomas - Ontario, Canada '87 Venus XT/Merc 225 ProMax 95.2 30" Lightning ET
Mike Fontana - Ft. Lauderdale, FL '84 V-King/Merc 2.5 200 mod. 95
Tom Jenkins - Baton Rouge, Louisiana '79 Viper/Merc 2.5 94.6 30" Roundear
Ray Waller - Birmingham, Alabama '77 Vector/Evinrude 235 94
Joe Downing - Greenville, North Carolina '79 Viking/Merc 2.4 Mod 93.8 28" Cleaver
Spencer Cotie - Ontario, Canada '89 V-King/Johnson VRO 200 93 32" Mazco
Rich Beemer - Kansas City, MO '95 X-Stream AE-21/Merc 2.5 260 SS 93
Rich Owen - New Britain, CT '77 Vector/Merc 2.4 200 92.3 28" Hoss Triton
Mike Mingle - Naugatuck, CT '87 Viper/Merc 2.4 225 92
Rich Owen - New Britain, CT '77 Vector/Merc 150 ProMax 90.9
Charles Jacques - Temple, Texas '82 Ventura/Merc 2.5 200 mod. 90.7
Tony Wouters - Ontario, Canada '90 Valero YT/Merc 225 ProMax 90.3 Stock 28" Yamaha Drag
Gary Parsons - Wapello, Iowa '84 Vector/OMC 2.6 90+
Denny Dean - St. Augustine, Florida '91 Vulture/Johnson 3 Liter 90+
Kurt Anderson - Aitkin, Minnesota '90 Vulture/Evinrude V8 90+

icon_cool.gif
Z06
icon_cool.gif

icon_cool.gif
icon_cool.gif

Here is the 100+ Crew. Also, notice in my last post I bolded one... Go ME...
icon_biggrin.gif

Jimmy D - N.Y., N.Y. '88 HST/Merc 2.5 260 127
14-1/2 X 34 Cleaver
Joey Smith - Seabrook, Texas '85 V-King/Merc Drag 300 115
Paul Reed - Shawano, Wisconsin '86 V-King YT/Mercury S3000 110 14-1/2 X 30 Cleaver
G-Man - Marrero, Louisiana '78 Vector/Merc 2.5 260 109.76 28" Cleaver
Russell Johnson - Higganum, CT '90 HST/Merc 2.5 109.1 28" Mazco
Jeff Williamson - Port Perry, Ontario, Canada '91 V-King/Yamaha 2.6 200 mod. 106.3 28" worked Yamaha Drag
Russ Rogers - Ft. Worth, Texas '86 Valero V/Merc 2.5 200 Mod. 104
Ron Pratt - Sitka, Alaska '89 Virage Turbo/Merc 2.5 260 101 30" Merc Cleaver
Mike Sumner - Bellingham, Washington '90 HST/Merc 2.5 280 100 28" Mazco cupped RE3
Mark Soliman - Long Island, N.Y. '90 Virage Turbo/Merc 225 ProMax 100 14.5X32" Merc lab Cleaver
Mike Warjone - Olympia, Washington '98 V-King/'99 Merc 280 EFI 100
Dave Lustila - Mt. Iron, Minnesota '88 V-KingYT/ Merc 2.5 100

icon_cool.gif
Z06
icon_cool.gif

icon_cool.gif
icon_cool.gif

I think someone needs to set a fire by Z to get him to do some work. It seems you have a little too much time on your hands Z
icon_wink.gif

Z, why don't you cut and paste those speeds and put them into the dock somewhere. You're spamming poor bd's thread.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Webmaster
Checkmate-Boats.com-The Fanatics Home!

hydrostream top speed on a checkmate fourm. A major fopa, Z shame, shame

rooster_3.jpg

Back