• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Is this a checkmate? Name the Year/ Make/ Model

goleafsgo_12

Hey guys, I am looking for somebody to name the year make and model of this boat. It's an old family boat, and I am trying to track it down, but can't figure out what it was as I was very young when we had it. A few people hinted it to be a Checkmate, or some form of a knock off, hopefully somebody here can tell me. Last known to have been built in the 1970's with goldish-brown flake paint, 115hp tower or power Mercuy engine, 15-18' range, very distinct windshield profile, tripod ski mount in the center of the floor. Last seen in Gravenhurt, Ontario (Muskoka)

DSCN0667.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

DSCN0663.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

If those photos dont work, try the link to my Kijiji ad.

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-view-details.html?adId=1003511130

:welcome: Welcome to the Forum. Nice looking boat. Hopefully someone can help shed some light on the make and model. I've just looked through a bunch of Checkmate pictures from the early to mid 70's and can't find a match. Quite a few with similar hull profiles and designs in the 15-16 foot range, as that one looks to be. As you mentioned though a very distinctive windshield in that it has the aluminum framing all the way around. Sorry I couldn't be of more help. Best of luck in your search. Jim

Thanks for the reply. Viper1 sent me a PM yesterday and thinks its a '71, and the wind shield being from a different boat. The fibreglass profile where the side wind shield posts terminate into the deck is distinct as well, but the bow deck body lines seem to be a dead match.

Thanks for the reply. Viper1 sent me a PM yesterday and thinks its a '71, and the wind shield being from a different boat. The fibreglass profile where the side wind shield posts terminate into the deck is distinct as well, but the bow deck body lines seem to be a dead match.

Didn't believe me eh?:brickwall:

Just joined and came across this three year old post. I believe it is a Forester. I had one in the early eighties with the same windshield. Mine was blue with a 115 Evinrude, 16'.:thumb:

looks a lot like my MX-15 with a different windshield, any chance there is a side photo available???? good luck

Back