• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Lake Hopatcong...Summer 2011...

Can we leave one on your drive or outside the house?
I assume Jay is where we launched last year.....

We'll figure it out. The more the betterer. You guys going stag or fam? I'm probably gonna have Laura with me and maybe Adam if I can rip him off of his HP lifesupport.

No, as shallow as it is where we launched last year we can't use it. My friend lives on the main lake, its just a ramp at his house. I have a message in to someone I know that has a bed and breakfast with a ramp just a little ways down from where we launched last year. Its a bit deeper there and a much better ramp overall. We'll get in somewhere.

I'll probably have the family.
All the family? Even the newest addition? I think I've got an infant life preserver. I'll look downstairs tomorrow.
Nope-just checked. 50-90 lbs. (I have know idea how many kilos or stones that is).

Yes. Don't worry Sim, I got a few kids life preservers with the 'Liner, if one doesn't fit him I'll buy one in the week. He's currently about 20-22lbs.
He "wasn't" allowed out on the Enticer a few weeks ago, so hopefully that has changed. He'll be lonely on the shore by himself otherwise :sssh:

I'll get to DMV tomorrow after work to register it.

I just gave a bad ass flamed one to my buddy and his wife that'll probably never get used. :( Hopefully the weather cooperates. If the mrs decides she doesn't want to go out there with the little guy the town park isn't too far away.

Yes. Don't worry Sim, I got a few kids life preservers with the 'Liner, if one doesn't fit him I'll buy one in the week. He's currently about 20-22lbs.
He "wasn't" allowed out on the Enticer a few weeks ago, so hopefully that has changed. He'll be lonely on the shore by himself otherwise :sssh:

I'll get to DMV tomorrow after work to register it.
They threw equipment in with that thing too? Man, you really know how to hurt a guy.

Ropes, fenders, anchor, life jackets, new boarding ladder, center windshield section, 2 hose muffs, a large dead beetle and a partridge in a pear tree.

It probably would have been best not to let Sim know about that. Definitely don't tell him about the $1000 Sunoco gift card that came with it. ;)

OK. Noon might be a little tough for me and I'm still waiting for the girl I know at the B&B to get back to me about the ramp. If the forecast changes and I can drop my boat in the night before I'll do that and free up some time as well as a spot if we end up at Jay's house. Can we make it 1pm? That'd give me a little breathing room between the kids' ball games and my parents passing through to say hello/watch a t-ball game. As far as location we'll get in one way or another, but as soon as I can confirm something I'll let you know. Hopefully by Thursday evening at the latest.

John

No problem John.

I got the Liner registered this evening at dmv.:)
Another 90 minutes of my life I won't get back! :brickwall:

Unfortunately I had to pay myself.....the seller never turned up with the cash for me. :(

:rof:

Going to the DMV is never fun but the main thing is that you were able to reg it so she's officially yours. :) I have a friend near by with a vinyl machine who did my reg letters. Let me know if you want me to drop him a line about yours. Don't stress over getting something on for this weekend, there is almost zero chance the police will be out there with the lake this low. My bow hatch should arrive by Thursday evening, now if they can manage to get me the carpet before the weekend I could put it in. :thumb:

Jessica spoke to Dennis (the owner of the B&B) tonight and he said their ramp is good to go. Its almost next door to the spot we launched from last time. If anyone else wants to come out for a couple of hours just drop me a PM and we'll exchange info. The lake is still pretty low but the rain has helped quite a bit. Here's the info on the ramp:

Waterstone Inn
62 Sterling Road
Greenwood Lake, NY 10925

She didn't get a price on using the ramp but he did say he would have his daughter in law drop me a line.

If you do the street view of the address on Google maps and look around there is a pair of cones in front of the ramp.

Actually, here's a view of the ramp:

RAMP

and of the B&B:

B&B

John

Back