• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Lazer boat by Camstar

Merc doesn't want to make Sportjets anymore. But it would be a kick ass boat to put a little Vazer I/O in.

You can see the Vazer on the Mercury web site. It's a 1.6 liter 4-stroke car engine turned on it's side. 100 horse. Used in pontoons and such. Check it out, kinda a neat little I/O package if you dont need much power.

I just googled it-Seems like it would be OK in that boat.

"Smaller and more compact" was the big news from MerCruiser when it recently introduced Vazer, its new 100-horsepower stern-drive for pontoons and small boats. A small, powerful 1.6-liter fuel-injected GM engine is paired with a compact new stern-drive

Jim,

Playbouy remarketed these boats that were originally produced by Amstar in 1986 and then they renamed the company Camstar in 1987 they were based in Salt Lake. The original model name was Lazer. I have pics and video and some brochures and I know quite a bit of information about these boats if anyone is interested. I currently own 2 1986's but I am looking for a 1987 closed bow or bowrider for sale if anyone knows where I can find one. Ontopcop's black bowrider pictured in this thread is a 1987. If you are reading this Ontopcop and looking to sell e-mail me 369774@gmail.com

Back