• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Look for a 25 or 26 pitch prop

Checkmate7272

Hey I'm new to the checkmate boat world ! I have a starflite with a 200 xri with a 23 pitch trophy plus now.... I was wondering if anybody is run a 25 or 26 on there boats and what kind of performance are you getting ???

I've got a 25" SS Mercury prop sitting on the shelf that came off my Bravo 1 outdrive, if you're interested. Decent condition with some minor nicks. I switched to a 23" Hi-Five.

Hey I'm new to the checkmate boat world ! I have a starflite with a 200 xri with a 23 pitch trophy plus now.... I was wondering if anybody is run a 25 or 26 on there boats and what kind of performance are you getting ???

I am running a 24 pitch trophy on my starflite with a PRO XS 175. I am running mid sixties with it and turning the prop around 6000 rpm. Best speed was 66.7 on GPS. Do you like the trophy and just want to change the pitch? I am curious as I was running a 23 pitch four blade Pro tech and did not like the way it ran on my starflite at all. That is when I went to the Trophy.

Welcome, you've picked a great boat. Many starflite owners on here and all have regretted getting rid of them (for those that have). Great looking boats. This thread talks about the testing that has been done for this hull and what props seemed to work. I run a 24 pitch Powertech TR04 on mine with a 6" hydraulic jack plate. I've got a 225 Optimax and can run that right up to the rev limiter. Great prop for carrying the hull. The trophy plus is also a good option, but the powertech has more rake and slightly larger diameter. I wouldn't mess with a hi5 unless you are wanting hole shot and nothing else.

http://checkmate-boats.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6663&highlight=starflite+prop

Did you like it or do you like the high five better
My 219 Persuader with a 7.4L BBC is stern heavy. The 25 pitch would really send the bow ballistic before getting on plane. Then it became a delicate operation of adjusting throttle, trim and tabs to get the boat running at the right level. The High 5 helps lift the stern, so it's a bit less frantic getting the boat on plane.

The 25 pitch would push the boat to 62 mph (GPS - 2 SOB) with a bit more available depending on trim/load/water condition. The High 5 gets me almost there, but I don't have enough lake to really run flat out for any length of time.

I am running a 24 pitch trophy on my starflite with a PRO XS 175. I am running mid sixties with it and turning the prop around 6000 rpm. Best speed was 66.7 on GPS. Do you like the trophy and just want to change the pitch? I am curious as I was running a 23 pitch four blade Pro tech and did not like the way it ran on my starflite at all. That is when I went to the Trophy.

Not to jack the thread but wanted to know what you thought of the 175 ProXS. I really like its light weight and I know it's been dyno'd at 196 HP. What motor did you have before and how did it compare?

Back