• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Looking for a 21' Pulsare or Pulse

Bill, the conversion rate is around 1.50, so $30,000 US is $45,000 CAN. I've heard the price is more like $50,000 to $55,000 up here.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by mailbu:
Bill, the conversion rate is around 1.50, so $30,000 US is $45,000 CAN. I've heard the price is more like $50,000 to $55,000 up here.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Pride sells the Pulsare for around 50 with all the goodies.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Webmaster
Checkmate-Boats.com-The Fanatics Home!

I guess that is high, but is that what he actually sells the boat for or are you just calling and asking how much. Down here in the states, there is normally a big difference between asking and selling price. Much more of a difference than cars.

I usually don't make too many comments on prices, face it, but for 50K, I could get this Pulsare, and that would be about it. What is so special about it? The 99 OptiMax was in great condition after he sold it but I guess you said it, carelessness and stupidity. Myself and him are looking up some info to help the guy and can't seem to find much. Still, I will not be buying a new Pulsare. My friend got his for 35 in 1998-99 I think. My 2 cents. I am going used as I am not paying that much for a boat as itself...

icon_cool.gif
Z06
icon_cool.gif

icon_cool.gif
Checkmates may not be the fastest boats on the water, but they are the nicest looking!
icon_cool.gif

Correct me if I'm wrong, but converting U.S. dollars to Canadian dollars doesn't really give an accurate sense of how expensive something is in Canada. You have to look at the Canadian economy, cost of living, supply and demand for the product in question.

Just because something is a "good deal" at $35,000 in the U.S. and converts to $50,000 Canadian, doesn't mean it's a "good deal" in Canada.

I've bought a few things form people who live in Canada, and am surprized at how inexpensive they are once it's converted over to U.S. dollars. Now this may be a differnt story when looking at other products. I would assume that a snowmobile would cost me more in Canada. Down here in Iowa they can't give them away (well, that may be an exaggeration, but they're cheap right now). The demand is not there, for various reasons.

My understanding is the value of the Canadian dollar is currently not doing well in terms of U.S. dollar comparison.

My opinion,
Craig

In my honest opinion, I will be sticking to a used Checkmate now. I have been debating over and over again about gettting a brand new Pulsare. I really don't have 50K to spend at my own free will. I totally agree with Craig...

icon_cool.gif
Z06
icon_cool.gif

icon_cool.gif
Checkmates may not be the fastest boats on the water, but they are the nicest looking!
icon_cool.gif

Craig, you hit the nail right on the head...supply and demand. Here in Ontario, Checkmates are rare, so if you have one and know someone who has been looking for one...you get your price.

Converting US to CDN funds through direct conversion (i.e. 1.45 or whatever)can only really be used if you actually purchase from the US and register the boat in Canada, just like anything else. You are right, it does not work accurately for everthing but it is a good rule of thumb.

I have also heard of many Americans purchasing trucks from Canada because it is alot cheaper...specificaly used trucks through an auction.

I feel the need for speed!

Best price on a Pulsare bow-rider with 3.0 225 EFI and single axle trailer: Last year, before I found my '95 Pulsare, I priced out a new one. It's the red one in my Checkmate article on Scream and fly. Basic Pulsare BR, no extras, came to $30,000 USD plus tax. That was after beating up the salesman for 3 months. Basic package, no extras.

1995 2100BR/1995 225 Promax/23" Tempest

P.S., my Pulsare is NOT for sale right now, but if it does come back for sale, mailbu gets first dibs...no exceptions.

I know I am keeping mine for a few more years. If I was you, JW, I would not sell yours either! It is a great looking boat!
thumb.gif

I feel the need for speed!

Z, you did not answer my question. Is that list price or what the boat is actually selling for. If you pay list price, you are a fool. The list price and selling price is around 13,000 U.S. dollars on my 240. Understand my point???

I'm pretty sure Mailbu has found his Pulsare BR, look to the left to see a pic
icon_biggrin.gif

Yep, looks like JW's Pulsare will be finding a new home in Ontario, Canada. If any of you boys are up near Peterborough, Buckhorn Lake to be exact, come by and I'll take ya for a spin!

I'm so excited to be getting this gorgeous beauty from JW. I know it was a hard decision for him and his family to sell her, but I promise to take great care of her.

Thanks to all you guys for your help, I know I have found the right boat.

Mark "Malibu"

icon_smile.gif

I'm over in Kemptville. I should come up later this season and take it out for a spin. I never knew it'd be soo close to me, without me owning it. Congrats on getting a fabulous boat!

icon_cool.gif
Z06
icon_cool.gif

icon_cool.gif
icon_cool.gif

I'm glad to hear you fellas got a deal done.
thumb.gif

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Webmaster
Checkmate-Boats.com-The Fanatics Home!

Hows the boat getting up here? Whenever there is some free time, if you don't mind, I am coming up as I love this boat and wished it was mine. If (which I doubt) you ever are deciding to sell it, tell me because I will be able mto buy it then...

icon_cool.gif
Z06
icon_cool.gif

icon_cool.gif
icon_cool.gif

JW, ILL GIVE YOU $500 MORE THAN MALIBU!
thumb.gif

NO, JUST KIDDING! CONGRATS MALIBU! LOOKS LIKE ANOTHER PULSARE THAT CORVETTE COULDN'T GET OFF THE POT TO BUY!! HEY CORVETTE, SH^$ OR GET OFF THE POT!
xxrotflmao.gif

I am the one who knows all!

Back