• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Looking for good deal on 300 Promax

Viper GTS

I will consider a new or used. What dealers have the best prices on them?? They are awfully expensive, but awesome...Thanks...Viper GTS

Viper GTS

I've found a few used 300's on the market...All seam very low hours and most are still under warrenty.
2001 Promax...90hrs...$12,500 (TN)
2002 300x...60 hours $14,000 (NY)
2002 300x...75 hours...$13,000 (WA)
Keep looking around...sure beats buying new!!! :thumb:

Viper,

I have two brand new motors for you;

2001 300X Fleetmaster case $17450.00
2003 250XS Sportmaster 20" case $13650.00

I can change the gearcase to anything you want for an up/down charge. Both are brand new with warranty from Mercury. Located on Long Island!
E-mail me if interested at rmohr@marsm-a.com

Ray

Hello,

2 weeks ago i bought a 2003 300X Promax with very low hours, with warrenty til next year on the powerhead.
for 13.000 US Dollar. I think if you look on the internet there is some how alweys a good deal too finde. Take your time for this. I love the 300X promax but my wife not!! if I new that Ray solde a new 250XS for that monney, i would buy that the XS is also a very strong engine and dont need that much feul as a 300X

I think this is a good tip! www.jacosmarine.com

Sake From HOLLAND

Thanks guys, how close is the performance on the 250xs to the 300x I feel i would rather have a used 300 over a new 250 if it would be 5 mph or more faster...what do you think the spread on performance would be.Jruman where is the 300x in Ny located? Ilive in Ct and go see and buy...Thanks...AL...

Viper GTS

Moving this over to buy and sell.
icon_smile.gif

I found a pair of used '98 Mariner 300's (Pro-Max)...85 hours (has the computer read-out of what rpm and for how long) and suppose to be "like new"...he sold the right one but has "lefty gear case" one for...$10,000 or offer. Seems like a decent deal???, Jim.
thumb.gif

Randy at Liberator Boats (Daytona, Fl.)
days 386-761-8050
nights 386-788-4378
e-mail to: liberatorboats@yahoo.com

If you contact Randy, he might have some other engines lying around he could sell. Ask him thats the way to tell...

And can I ask why you want the 300 ProMax, and not the 300X? I've heard the 300X is better. Just wondering
icon_smile.gif

I am looking for a 300X. I dont think the older ones will give me the performance I am looking for...AL...Viper GTS

Viper GTS

Anyone know exactly the diff's from the 300 pro-max to the 300X becides the max RPM range??? All the specs are identical, but I've heard the 300X has a "hotter programming"...giving additional RPM to the rev-limiter and supposibly get about 325HP...????Anyone know any FACTS????
brickwall.gif

Back