• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Need opinions

sschifer

Alright, so my pin stripping was starting to look a little rough so I stripped it off and did some buffing on the boat while they were off. My question is, do I leave the pin stripping off and just put the checkmate logo back on ( which mike gave me an original 86 logo when I had my interior done) or do I go back to the original look. By the way I still hate my windshield and plan on chopping it down some day. The pictures of the boat with the pin stripes are old but they are the only ones that I have of the boat in the garage.

DSCF1638.jpg

DSCF1641.jpg

20150511_142701%201.jpg

20150511_142724.jpg

I think just the name. the stripes hide the flake that's in the gel. cutting down that windshield and either replacing with tinted or tinting what you have would completely change the look. pretty boat though!

i think it looks better off but thats just me and it would change the whole look by shortening the winshield :thumb::D

I think just the name. the stripes hide the flake that's in the gel. cutting down that windshield and either replacing with tinted or tinting what you have would completely change the look. pretty boat though!

If its polycarb replacing the glass is the only option. Unless you get the high dollar film for the poly screens. Maybe on the older screens they used real glass back then ? Then no prob.

Stripes are shot but you still need 3 hookers perched off the Port side.
Where did you consult your basic nautical instruction?
Sounds like a basic geographical misdirection.
Easily enough fixed.

Nice boat. It does look good sans stripes. I am extremely jealous of the intact engine hatch, if I may say so. Bonus points added for transom straps present in picture. As a side note, I am curious as to whether the ladies of questionable virtue would be presenting a stern shot or perhaps upper hull? That fender is going to have to be massaged a little though.

Back