• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

New Member Introduction

Glenn Kornett

Hi to everyone. After trying to find various used performance boats for the last 12 months, I finally gave up and ordered a new Pulsare 2400 closed deck with a 300R V8 outboard. We visited Checkmate in Ohio and test drove the blue 2400 Pulsare BRX with Dean but that one had the 400R Verado on it. We live on Lake Keowee in Seneca, SC and hope to have the boat by June 20th of this year if Checkmate pulls it off. Hopefully we will enjoy this boat.

We have friends with a place at Keowee. May be heading down to visit them this weekend. It will be the first trip for us. Leaving our Check at home and riding with them. They run around on a blue Starcraft SCX deck boat. Once you have the 2400 he'll find you cause he's into every kind of hotrod.

Welcome! :welcome:

And nice boat! Enjoy it! But speed is addictive.... And expensive.... :devil:

I don't think this boat is going to be that fast. The BRX with the 400R that Dean took me out in perhaps ran around 76 mph but not the best of conditions. So with 100 less HP I hope it is still faster than my 230SX 496Mag Stingray (which is for sale).

I don't think this boat is going to be that fast. The BRX with the 400R that Dean took me out in perhaps ran around 76 mph but not the best of conditions. So with 100 less HP I hope it is still faster than my 230SX 496Mag Stingray (which is for sale).

My guess you should run 70-72 as when I tested one several years ago w/300xs. That said I sold my 230sx w/502-MAG after owning for 1 year and it only ran 64 even though Stingrays reports stated 70. Best I ever got was 64 and 68 on the happy speedo(LOL)! 230sx rode very rough for the size and now I have a convincor 270 w/496HO-MAG. Checkmate will be more enjoyable ride over the 230sx.

You are probably correct. My 230SX was a dog and would not run over 67 mph with the 496 Mag and the Checkmate will likely be barely faster. The 300R's were running at least 6 - 10 mph faster than a 300XS on a 21 Liberator tunnel (ran 110+mph instead of 100 mph like the 300XS. That required a 5 blade CNC prop because the V8 had a lot of slippage with most 4 blades but the 300XS could not turn the same 5 blade to sufficient rpm to gain any mph.
So I was hoping to run around 75 mph but they never go as fast as you hope. I will have 10" of set back on a hydraulic jack plate. Randy Corson ran over 78 mph with a 2400 closed deck and a 300XS with 17" of set back. He claimed that he could never get over 72 - 73 on the 2400 bow riders. Of course in my case all that will likely be dreams, and I expect to struggle to just hit 72 mph or barely faster than my 230SX.

Back