• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

New Trimate 2 Owner Needs Help

TLT

Just bought a boat off e-bay,interior needs some work.Does anyone have original interior pictures.Also what kind of top end speed with Merc.110 and any prop or other suggestions for setting boat up.

Just bought a boat off e-bay,interior needs some work.Does anyone have original interior pictures.Also what kind of top end speed with Merc.110 and any prop or other suggestions for setting boat up.

Shoot me an e-mail. I can shoot you some pictures of mine before I took it apart. I can also help with set-up and prop.
I found the merc laser 2 to be a great prop for these little boats.

GusAvatar2.jpg

1975 Checkmate Tri-mate 2, 2.4 200+ / Sky jacker 6" plate / 25p Laser 2 prop

Welcome to the board and congrats TLT.

I'd love to hear the ebay story? How was it as you sat there with a minute to go waiting to see if you go her? And how far was the boat etc?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Webmaster
Checkmate-Boats.com-The Fanatics Home!

Believe it or not this boat had a buy it now of $600.00 dollars.I had seen the boat on e-bay before and it sold to the guy I bought it from for $2100.00.He had ran it a couple times and it kept fouling #4 plug.He was told by a mechanic in Kansas that it was piston material fouling plug,so he had it listed on e-bay as engine parts.I drove 12 hrs. to pick it up and got even a better surprise when I did compression check 125-135 on all cylinders.

That is so cool. You stole that boat. Thats a great price for the boat and you got a trailer and motor for free.

GusAvatar2.jpg

1975 Checkmate Tri-mate 2, 2.4 200+ / Sky jacker 6" plate / 25p Laser 2 prop

Awesome!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Webmaster
Checkmate-Boats.com-The Fanatics Home!

Back