• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Prop for 1994 Pulse 186 with Yamaha 115 ETLF

bettythebuick

I apologize in advance that this boat is powered more as a Grandpa boat but it works great on our small lake.

We lost a blade on our stainless prop that appears to be custom (no numbers on it) and are looking for the best prop for light water sports. We took it to a prop shop and they measured it up at 14.5 x 19P, not a standard prop and its geometry was more on the order of a merc Laser II.

Does anyone have any recommendations on a stainless prop for a Pulse 186 with a '89 Yamaha 115hp?

Hey betty, welcome to checkmate-boats,
I m no expert on yamahas ( or anything else for that matter) but I do know a bit about the pulse, its kind of a heavy hull. but if you were getting the performance out of the 19p you had on there I think that may be where you want to stay, yamaha makes a nice 4 blade small hub prop that should work for you especilly for the water sports and still have some nice top end, From what I understand its manufactured by turbo props. I actually run a small hub 24p yamaha on my merc 2.4l 225 and I get a great hole shot, a very respectable top end and it handles better than any other prop I have tried
The best way to find the one for your set up is to go to a real prop shop (not west marine or wherever) and see if they will let you run a few to see what you get.
Good luck with it!!

Thanks for the recommendation

Thanks for the recommendation.

First prop shop wag was 13.5 x 19p

Second prop shop measured 13.5 x 18p with laser jig, and recommended the Mercury Silverado 13 x18p as it was the only 13x18p available.

The Silverado works almost as well, 5600 wot, 48mph top end. It likes to be in the water a little deeper than the original.

I think I will keep and eye out for that small yamaha 4 blade or another 19p to see if I can get a little more speed out of it.

That motor runs best with a small diameter (13") prop. The Ballistic is an odd duck but works very well on that motor. I would say 19p. I used a 21 Ballistic but my boat is lighter than yours. I sold it to a friend with a 115 Yamaha on an Enticer - worked great. I now use a 19p Powertech RXB4 and love it on my Diplomat. They are stiff and you might need a 17 as your boat is heavier than mine

Back