• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Prop for Checkmate 185 Pulse br

eddoubleu

Hi Guys,

I just bought a 2004 Checkmate Pulse 185BR. I bought it without an engine or controls. Just ordered a 2015 Evinrude Etec 175 and I am having a difficult time deciding on a prop. The dealer I bought the engine from carries the BRP line of props, so from what I've read it sounds like a raker would be the best to try out first. Anyone used this prop and what pitch would be recommended? They mentioned that they also have the viper in stock. The boat will be strictly used for cruising, not towing etc. It has a power lift jack plate (6" setback) and hydraulic steering. Obviously would like something with good hole shot and best top end speeds. I am a new member on this forum, any feedback would be helpful. Thanks

Thanks for the feedback. I ordered a Raker II, 24 pitch as they don't make a 23. Hoping this will be a good fit. What set up did you have on yours in terms of jack plate, rigging etc? Engine will be getting rigged next week, any tips for that? Thanks

Back