• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

refueling 2009 Pulsar 24 closed deck

Reggie

Problem when refueling . Have to add gas to tank very very slowly or it backs up and overflows, any one having the same issue.

and any ideas to repair problem.

Mine fills very easily but the vent hose on mine goes back to the tank which I find very odd. All other boat I had the vent hose went to a vent fitting to the side of the hull. Seems like you should just trace the fill and vent hose routing. The fill line is a straight shot to the tank maybe 18” down. The vent hose may be kinked. These are all easily to look at behind the rear seat back.

Problem when refueling . Have to add gas to tank very very slowly or it backs up and overflows, any one having the same issue.

and any ideas to repair problem.
Not sure if your 2009 is like the newer models, but after a certain year all boats needed a closed system with no external vent. My 2020 was also difficult to fill and so was my friends 2020 24ft Pulsare BRX. I had an additional tank fitting at the back of the tank near the fuel pickup and added a barbed fitting and a 5/8" vent line that I plumbed into the existing vent line near the fill fitting. My tank had valves near the front and back for the vents but they do not work well. This made my issue much better and kept it a sealed system. I told me friend he could do this or add the old style external vent (technically illegal I believe). He tapped into the same tank fitting as me but added an external vent like older boats and his works even better than mine. He said he could add fuel as fast as the pump nozzle would dispense it.
You can see the valve at the front that connects the rear vent hose to the front. The vent line laying loose was connected to the cap fill vent fitting. I added another vent line from the back of the tank to a "T" that I put into the vent line coming from the front of the tank. If the front of the boat is higher when you fuel it, once the fuel level rises to the vent fitting, it will puke fuel out the filler cap, or even the external vent. There are one way valves you can install in the large fill line that goes to the tank to stop the puke as well.

Attachments

• tankfloor.jpg
    tankfloor.jpg
    477.7 KB · Views: 20
Back