• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

"Wanted" Starflite Rubber bumper

sicknick12

Would anyone have the rubber bumper that goes around the middle of the boat, that fits in the aluminum holder? Or have a part number. Hope I am explaining this right, THanks

If ya can't find it there, just call Checkmate. They have helped me out with all kinds of obscure parts in the past.

Ok, quick update, BeU use to make the rub rail for checkmate, they don't no more and they don't want to know nothing about making it or looking into something that would work.

Taco, After looking at their site, thank Keith, I found two I thought were close considering my aluminum rail size, called and asked for a sample and got a good response that they would contact me and send them out... About a week later they told me they never made any rubber insert for my year Checkmate. I wrote back, yea I explained that to you on the phone.

Kip, Was awesome once again, one of the sizes I wanted to try, they use on the new mates. He sent me a sample and it fit perfectly even maybe better then the original....But, Now that im home and not so excited and thinking some, the new is about a 1/8 bigger, though it fit the original moves a tiny bit.. Im thinking age maybe and the fact I took it on and off a few times maybe it stretched some..

Anyone with any experience? Or thoughts should their be movement, the new moves just not much if any.... Im kinda stuck with trying it now cause I ordered it as soon as I got home, so keep I will keep you updated

Couple of thing to try when installing it. It will go easier if you have helper is one. You can try to soak the insert in bucket of very hot water before installing but it will cool quickly. Use a heat gun on low or hair drier on high as you go around the boat. A tight fit is good as it will be less likely to shift if you rub a pier pole etc. If none of this works you can curse me instead of your wife. :banana:

haha ill yell at you either way, no wife to yell at.. The piece I got from Kip went in pretty easy and all I did was leave it for a few minutes on my dash with the heat on. Yea heat gun works the best though and a helper. I don't think Ill have any trouble putting it on though, was just wondering if it needed some play for impact when its rubbing against the dock or fenders. Though ill say its not like to tight anyway, I think it will be fine..

Now if I can just get Aero or whatever the ladder company is to make a ladder for me that be great.. He told me to contact him in October, which is fine. But he told me that my swim ladder is rare and specially made and requires parts that are not available... I thought maybe he thought I had the double painted ones but my year 93 has the one side ladder like the new boats, I cant see what is so special or couldn't be made to fit it

Back