• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Starflite top speeds

I wouldn't cry... I am running a 150XR on my 89 Starlite, 5.5" setback CMC Hydro-Jack, and can get 54 out of it with a no name 19p prop...but guess what? I am waiving at Mr 400 HP as he fills up his tank....twice ...while I am still having fun! I am adding another 8" with a bracket, so we'll see what that does... but no complaints at 54mph....but then again, I do plan to re-paint and repower next year with a 300xs...

Got pics of your support bracket? I am sure all the Starflite owners (Me being one) would love to see what you came up with....the transom fear is a common one and solutions are great to share!

I finally got my tach working and went out tonight.. Running my 21p right at 5800-5900.. I have a 24 trophy plus that I'm going to throw on tomorrow and see if I can turn it

how many rpms should I lose with a passenger

Yesterday I went out and was running 5800-5900 and today my buddy came over and we went for a ride and I couldn't turn any more than 5200:confused:

Yesterday I went out and was running 5800-5900 and today my buddy came over and we went for a ride and I couldn't turn any more than 5200:confused:

How much does your buddy weigh? That little 150 may be weight sensitive because of the lack of torque. The Starflite is a lot of boat for a little 150.

Back