• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

STL Checkmate Get Together Part II

Well, were going for it! The weather radar, at least right now seems to have the rain staying south or possibly a shower in the morning. COME ON BOYS! GET THEM BOATS HOOKED UP!! WE GOT SOME GAS TO BURN!

It's raining cats and dogs here. I am going to give it a hour or so and see what happens.
I live 50 miles west of St. Louis on hwy 70. It's beautiful here. I've got the boat hooked up and sittin out in the yard with no cover on or anything ready to go. Looks like its gonna rain all day in Southern IL. and stay nice around St. Louis where we will be boating.:banana:

Partially cloudy high of 85ish. Chance of rain 10%. Make the call boys. We can either hit it or postpone till more people make it.

We are alrready on our way. Were going no matter what. Its gonna be a nice day. 10% chance of rain soun ds perfect to me.

We had a great time as usual on the river. Got on the river about noon on sat and got home sunday night about 9pm. Beautiful weather ALL weekend, not a drop of rain and 85 degrees. And we did some photo shooting against the bluffs, hoping to get a Boat of the Month out of it!

2013 vaca river mark twain farm river aug 842.jpg

2013 vaca river mark twain farm river aug 860.jpg

2013 vaca river mark twain farm river aug 927.jpg

I've never tried for boat of the month, so you guys pick the best picture and sign me up. Thanks, Charlie....I have more pictures, but it wont let me put anymore on????Maybe they are too big?

Last edited:
We had a great time as usual on the river. Got on the river about noon on sat and got home sunday night about 9pm. Beautiful weather ALL weekend, not a drop of rain and 85 degrees. And we did some photo shooting against the bluffs, hoping to get a Boat of the Month out of it!

Did you overnight on the boat? Sorry we didn't make it out, but seems like everyone had to cancel. Look forward to the pics.

Did you overnight on the boat? Sorry we didn't make it out, but seems like everyone had to cancel. Look forward to the pics.
Yea, we stayed on the boat. I just put some pictures up, they're at the end of page 7. Trying to get the rest of them on here but having problems.

Post #70 third pic or post 73 2nd pic are my favorites. Great camera work and you're right the bluffs are an excellent spot for BOTM pics!!! I can certainly submit your pics for BOTM, but have a hard time believing anyone will beat the LC rally pic for obvious reasons. I think you submit for next month...and I think you'd surely win!! :thumb:

Hi this is Charlies wife Chanda :p I feel the need to tell the story behind these pics and then ask a favor.... first of all I missed meeting all you checkmaters' okay so we were at Grafton waiting around for you all but it got to be around 2ish so we decided to take ride down river to the bluffs and float for a bit and then head back up to see if anyone had shown. So we get to the bluffs and they are gorgeous and we get the idea to do a photoshoot and the idea was to give Charlie some updated pics to put on his bulletin board at work by his toolbox so we got to shooting and had so much fun and I was workin' it and then we got done with me and Charlie decided to be silly and he wanted a chance to work it too :banana: so long story short I have something to say about it...just my own opinion it was fun and of course I think he's hot no matter what but my favor is, what I would really like to see on here is all "your" girls workin' it on your boats you know so I don't feel so lonely! :cheers:

Back