• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Swim Platform Question

fireguy

Ok so my 96 253 Convincor has the bolt on swim platform which I love, but it is really slick when wet. It has the textured designs in it, but if you get even the least bit off of the textured area it is slicker than snot.

So what can I put on there in the non textured areas? I thought about white skateboard tape but I don't know if it will hold up getting that wet.

Any ideas???

www.noskidding.com
http://www.noskidding.com/ns_02.htm#safetytape

They have tapes in different widths in rolls for boats, docks, etc. They do make 1-2 ft. strips in some. Can get in white, grey, clear and black. #'s NS4100, NS4400 AND NS4500 is what they recommended for my glassed platform (these are designed for wet areas - like yours, mine is very slick when you miss the texture). The three above are different textures and are not gritty (barefoot friendly).

If you have questions, email Michelle at Michelle@noskidding.com.

This might be stupid but what about surf wax for surfboards. Just a thought. Only costs two bucks.
NNSEXORGWABAR00_4.jpg

This might be stupid but what about surf wax for surfboards. Just a thought. Only costs two bucks.
NNSEXORGWABAR00_4.jpg
Excellent idea but my guess ( key word "guess") is that it would act much like on a surfboard, ie. needing to be reapplied periodically or turning yellow and goo'ing up.
Actually, sounds a lot like relationships in general.

Blue Mist I will look into that thank you.

I don't want something I will have to reapply

I was looking at this for the top of my swim platform where there is no texture and she recommended the 4500, but said that any one of the three would work. The above are all designed for wet areas around pools, showers, etc and also for boats and other marine applications. She sent me some samples (the ones mentioned - in differing textures) and I would guess that she would do the same for you.

Like you, I don't want to apply it but once, so I may go out and try one of the sample pieces and see how it holds up. I would just think that if it will hold up around pools and other wet areas it would hold up on a swim platform.

Michelle was very knowledgeable and helpful. They are in Toronto, Canada I think, so give her a call or shoot her an email if you are interested.

Back