• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

THANKS TO CREATOR

mike d

I WOULD LIKE TO THANK THE CREATOR OF CHECKMATE-BOATS.COM THIS SITE HAS GAVE ME A PLACE TO GET MY BOAT FILL IN THE WINTER WHEN I CANT FILL UP ON SPEED AND SOUND OF EXHUST. I FOUND THIS SITE BY ACCIDENT AND I AM SO GLAD I DID THANK YOU AGAIN.

I WOULD LIKE TO THANK THE CREATOR OF CHECKMATE-BOATS.COM THIS SITE HAS GAVE ME A PLACE TO GET MY BOAT FILL IN THE WINTER WHEN I CANT FILL UP ON SPEED AND SOUND OF EXHUST. I FOUND THIS SITE BY ACCIDENT AND I AM SO GLAD I DID THANK YOU AGAIN.

icon_cool.gif
Hats off to Chris, JW, and Gus! They do a great job keeping this site up and a special "Thank You" goes out to Chris who started the whole thing! It has have us all a place to go in the winter when we can't be out boating! I got recommended here by Chris and have loved it ever sinced. Thanks

icon_cool.gif
Z06
icon_cool.gif

Checkmates may not be the fastest boats on the water, but they are the nicest looking!

Yeah, Its hard to leave this place! Blame that on the creators... I have made like almost 200 posts in less than a month! Thats how hooked I am too!

Checkmates may not be the fastest boats on the water, but they are the nicest looking!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by mike d:
I WOULD LIKE TO THANK THE CREATOR OF CHECKMATE-BOATS.COM THIS SITE HAS GAVE ME A PLACE TO GET MY BOAT FILL IN THE WINTER WHEN I CANT FILL UP ON SPEED AND SOUND OF EXHUST. I FOUND THIS SITE BY ACCIDENT AND I AM SO GLAD I DID THANK YOU AGAIN.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>You're Welcome!
icon_smile.gif

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Webmaster
Checkmate-Boats.com-The Fanatics Home!

icon_wink.gif
True but I have one question, who came first; JW or Gus?

Well, I just checked the old board.

Gus joined on September 27, 2002

and JW joined on November 3, 2002.

So there ya go.
icon_smile.gif

Webmaster

I just have one question... When it says your registered date, it says Novemeber 13, 2002? Was that when you got the new board? When was this first created?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Chevy Corvette Z06:
I just have one question... When it says your registered date, it says Novemeber 13, 2002? Was that when you got the new board? When was this first created?

Checkmates may not be the fastest boats on the water, but they are the nicest looking!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Yeah, November 13 was when I registered on the new board. The dates I gave you were when JW and Gus registered on the old board. I was the first one to register on the new board, as I had to test it out and get it running. It took me about a week and a half to get everything set up...and then I told everyone at the same time via email and I posted a notice on the old board.

Some people weren't too happy about the change...for instance....

JW wanted to keep both boards going. He suggested adding additional setback to the old board to make it run faster...

And Gus was pissed when he found out, and wanted to rip apart the old board, reinforce the server with plywood, and keep it going as he was attached to it.

icon_wink.gif
icon_biggrin.gif
eyes.gif

Webmaster

Chris, those last little jokes at the end, were they supposed to be funny? Those were somewhat funny and somewhat stupid but I did laugh!
eyes.gif
Nice new Graemlin

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Chevy Corvette Z06:
Chris, those last little jokes at the end, were they supposed to be funny? Those were somewhat funny and somewhat stupid but I did laugh!
eyes.gif
Nice new Graemlin

Checkmates may not be the fastest boats on the water, but they are the nicest looking!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>HEHE

I tried to be funny!

Let's try again...

Rick suggested, I should have brought the old board over to the shop and he could have had a look at it...

Bill suggested, if I had of waxed the old board with the right wax on a regular basis it would have lasted longer than it did...

Webmaster

HEY CHRIS AND Z06 DO YOU GUYS TRAVEL SOUTH SO YOU CAN GET MORE TIME ON THE WATER? OR ARE YOU NOT THAT FAR NORTH?

eyes.gif
Guess what Chris... Your still not funny buy it still makes me laugh

Mike, I have cottage about 30 minutes away from my home. Its on the Rideau River and it is fairly long even though I don't go to far because I am always doing/pulling water-sports!
thumb.gif

eyes.gif
Guess what Chris... Your still not funny buy it still makes me laugh

Mike, I have cottage about 30 minutes away from my home. Its on the Rideau River and it is fairly long even though I don't go to far because I am always doing/pulling water-sports!
thumb.gif

Checkmates may not be the fastest boats on the water, but they are the nicest looking!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Thanks Z.
icon_frown.gif
I guess I better not quit my day job huh?
icon_wink.gif

Webmaster

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by mike d:
HEY CHRIS AND Z06 DO YOU GUYS TRAVEL SOUTH SO YOU CAN GET MORE TIME ON THE WATER? OR ARE YOU NOT THAT FAR NORTH?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Nah...everyone is travelling up here to spend time on our lakes. The ice will be out in early April....and I'll have the aluminum boat in as soon as it does.
icon_smile.gif

Webmaster

JW wanted to keep both boards going. He suggested adding additional setback to the old board to make it run faster...

And Gus was pissed when he found out, and wanted to rip apart the old board, reinforce the server with plywood, and keep it going as he was attached to it.

Now thats funny, for those people that don't know. Some of the first topics on the 1st board where of setback (jw) and my resoration and over kill of my tri-mate.
Don't give up the day job Chris, you would starve.
eyes.gif

icon_wink.gif
icon_biggrin.gif
eyes.gif

Webmaster
Checkmate-Boats.com-The Fanatics Home![/QUOTE]

rooster_3.jpg

1975 Checkmate Tri-mate 2, 2.4 200+

Back