• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Thinking Of Building A Seaflea

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
Hey gang,

I've been pondering building a seaflea for a while now. I'm not looking for a speed demon, more like a little mini runabout my little cousins and I can have some fun in.

Anyone know of any good plan companies?

I know of Glen L, and built one of theirs before, but don't know of too many others. I plan to build it out of plywood and put my old 9.8 Merc on the back.

Don't know about the Flea.....

:sssh:

But I'm quite close to scoring this!!

2001 Paradise F-13, (Checkmate Playmate style) never been wet or motor mounted on it, on a trailer, for $2,000!

Seems that Paradise went belly up and the distributor has three to unload! I get dibs on the new one/no motor for $2k! Yee Haa!
Will be pretty cool with a 70-80 hp and the bow cut out and made into a mini bowrider!

1995 2100BR/1995 225 Promax/23" Tempest

icon_eek.gif
icon_mad.gif
JW, where did you find the F-13 for $2000? I was on a site where they sold them and for a 2001 -
icon_eek.gif
$5495.00!
icon_eek.gif
Where are these 3 located, I gotta check them out as you should know, I am also looking for a little 13' boat! Thanks....

JW, you lucky dog you. I hope all works out with the F-13 and the yellow c'mate. I'll have more to test drive when I make it up your way this summer.
icon_razz.gif

Originally posted by Patrick:
hey Chris
What Glen-L design was it that you built???
Welcome to the board Patrick! :thumb:

I was a young fella, so we built the Peewee model. I have some pretty good pics kicking around, I'll have to scan some and post em.
icon_smile.gif

Id love to see them, I built the Tiny Titian in grade 9 and it served me well. Ive outgrown it now so I just bought a Delta and hope to have the progect done by the end of the summer

I wouldn't mind getting/making a small little boat like that. It would be awesome... New Merc 40 or something...

Originally posted by Patrick:
Id love to see them, I built the Tiny Titian in grade 9 and it served me well. Ive outgrown it now so I just bought a Delta and hope to have the progect done by the end of the summer
Patrick, if you have a few pics of it, mail them to me and I'll post them for you. I'll scan a few of mine and put those of too. I also had another seaflea I'll scan a few of that one too.
icon_smile.gif

Originally posted by Chevy Corvette Z06:
Sorry to be off topic but Chris, you love to quote don't you... LOL :thumb:
I just find it makes it easier for people to understand who you were responding too.
icon_biggrin.gif

I guess so. But when you are talking to one person, they already know. I still don't do it mucn anyways,,,

Those are pics of the two Seafleas I had. The first one had an older Evinrude 5.5.

The second one was a Glen L design called the PeeWee. It had a 7.5 Johnson on it. It had full controls, lights and even a Aoooohga horn, which sounded like an old Model T car horn.
icon_smile.gif

SWEETTTTTT
icon_biggrin.gif
I need to get myself one of those... I wasn't sure just how small they were. A 40 might be a bit much...

Back