• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Tri-mate 2 over haul.

I know it has been a tough year for you 175, but how are things?

Does the Checkmate have a new home?

Figured I would bring this one to the top for the new peeps to read up on.:bigthumb:

Good luck!

HD

Been wondering if it ever had made it in the water yet ... Cant wait to see those pics :thumb:
I believe this is "the original" Checkmate restoration thread. :)

Gus' boat also won the BOTM contest before the restoration if I remember correctly. :)

-Chris

I believe this is "the original" Checkmate restoration thread. :)

Gus' boat also won the BOTM contest before the restoration if I remember correctly. :)

-Chris

I remember reading this 3 yrs ago when I joined and never did hear of it being finished . Resto threads are the best :thumb:

Update!!!!!!
Well after life turns you on your ear and kicks you in the :yell:. We have made a turn. After moving to Colorado after getting layed off we have finialy just put an offer on a house. Hope it goes through. If it does the trimate is coming come after sitting in storage for 6 years. We have not been able to bring it to the rental house due to the hoa. The new house has lots of room. New job is weekends off and loving it. Time to get motivated.

Good news. And I'm glad I'm not the only person with projects that have birthdays. Looking forward to the update.

Welcome back Gus!!!:cheers: I remember reading your resto thread when I first joined! Hopefully we'll see the resto completed!:poke:

Update!!!!!!
Well after life turns you on your ear and kicks you in the :yell:. We have made a turn. After moving to Colorado after getting layed off we have finialy just put an offer on a house. Hope it goes through. If it does the trimate is coming come after sitting in storage for 6 years. We have not been able to bring it to the rental house due to the hoa. The new house has lots of room. New job is weekends off and loving it. Time to get motivated.

Well, welcome back Gus. I figured you had finished the resto and then drove it off the flat edge of the earth on the test drive.

465_zps7b45dbf0.jpg[/URL]

You guys are not going to believe this. Drove the 3 1/2 hours to where the boat is stored. Brought the car trailer to load the boat on. Was not sure about the bearing and tires since it has been sitting under cover since 2009. Well there was no way the boat trailer was going to fit on the car trailer. That is one low and wide boat trailer. So with a leap of faith and fresh grease in the bearing we hit the highway. After doing a few bearing temp checks every so often we headed for the house. Started to notice the right side tire start to bounce about 40 miles from the house. Pulled over and checked, bearings good, tire looked good. Back on the high way. 10 min down the road and the tire came apart. Unhooked and 2 hours later wal-mart saves the day for $108. Hook back up and got it home. Got lots of looks and thumbs up running down the highway. Got some things to fix but that will be a different post. The good news the MATE is home. Time to soak the cylinders with marvels.

I think Gus's was the first resto thread ever. MATT's Predictor was right around that time too. :)

It would be nice to see Gus's boat finally hit the water again. :thumb:

-Chris

I remember those threads, still waiting to see how that bottom will run :cheers:

Back