• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

WHAT OUTBOARD TO CHOOSE 4 MX13

HELLO IM NEW TO SITE. I HAVE A MX 13 THAT I HAVE BEEN RESTORING.SO FAR I HAVE SPLIT TOP AND BOTTOM,REINFORCED ALL,NEW TRANSOM,NEW PAINT,NEW CARPET,HOT FOOT AND A COOL LITTLE TRAILER.IM WANTING TO KNOW WHAT MOTOR I SHOULD GO WITH AND PITCH PROP?? I REALLY LIKE THE 70 HP EVINRUDE OR JOHNSON AND I CAN BUILD ONE BLIND FOLDED, PLUS ITS ONLY LIKE 205LBS.ONLY THING I CAN FIND SAID RATED FOR 50 H.P. IM SURE ALL THE WORK HAS MADE HULL MORE HEAVY.ANY HELP WILL BE THANKED.
LUKE GOODWIN
OWNER
CHAIN REACTION CYCLES
ALABAMA INBOARD MARINE

I've got a couple of 1977 1500's with 15" mid sections and power trim if you are interested. Great motors.
Eric

MX-13 Checkmate

Luke-CHAIN-REACTION If you want a Fun MX-13 Checkmate that Handles Really Good for its Size and will Run between 55 and 60 MPH than get Yourself a Nice Mercury 80 to 85 HP 15 inch Short Shaft 4 cylinder Motor with Power Trim. Set-up -First get a mercury Kill Switch. Second have a Transom Plate made with the transom side of the plate will be 18 inches long by 14 inches wide and the inside if the transom plate will be 6 inch's deep. Cut yourself a wood spacer 14 inches long by 2.5 inches high and the thickness the same as your transom. that way we are jacking up your short shaft motor up 2.5 inches off the transom. next get yourself a new if possible Small Blade 14 inch by 24 pitch Mercury Chopper 3 blade Prop. If you can only get a used prop make sure it has Never been Repaired by anyone. the last thing if you can fine yourself a used set of Checkmate Trim Tabs get them and than PM me and I will help you set them up on your Checkmate MX-13. Always Sammie Action Marine

MX-13 Checkmate

Yes Luke that will work as far as the motor height. You will Probably need a 22 pitch prop for your Johnson. Always Sammie Action Marine

Where in FL are you? I am currently restoring a 1972 mx13. My plan is to build the transom 3-4" higher with a splash-well delete. I have a 20" V4 cross-flow that i would like to bolt to the transom if I can get the engine high enough. Keep posting your progress.

Back