• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

WTB 24 BRX

I wonder if it was supposed to be a flagship/demo/boat show boat for Caldwell?
Who has money tied up in the boat, who has a title for it and if they can legally sell it today?
I get that Mercury will warranty the motor, but who is responsible to warranty the hull?

I wonder if it was supposed to be a flagship/demo/boat show boat for Caldwell?
Who has money tied up in the boat, who has a title for it and if they can legally sell it today?
I get that Mercury will warranty the motor, but who is responsible to warranty the hull?
Look at post #27 in this thread. A member named Rrc5034 claimed he had the last 2400BRX rigged with a 450R. Sure sounds like he owns it or has first rights to it.

"Hey guys, my 2009 has been back to the factory at Caldwell in 2021 and has been gob through with a fine tooth comb. It’s available for $70,000 additionally I have the last 2400 brx rigged with a 450r that might be available in the 155-$160,000 range. Not sure of price yet still doing prop testing with the high 5"

Look at post #27 in this thread. A member named Rrc5034 claimed he had the last 2400BRX rigged with a 450R. Sure sounds like he owns it or has first rights to it.

"Hey guys, my 2009 has been back to the factory at Caldwell in 2021 and has been gob through with a fine tooth comb. It’s available for $70,000 additionally I have the last 2400 brx rigged with a 450r that might be available in the 155-$160,000 range. Not sure of price yet still doing prop testing with the high 5"
Yea this dildo Ryan Cortazzo is also trying to sell his 2009 24brx with a 300 opti for $67k, was asking $75k, my frickin 2014 cost $67k!!. He is also the guy selling this “2024” caldwell 24 and says he “needs” one of them to go. Lol. I seem to think Rrc5034 is the same guy.
I wouldn't touch one of those caldwell boats for any money. The layup is unproven and untested compared to what the boat was originally designed for. Who knows what needed to be structurally changed for the new composite core? I sure wouldn't want to be the poor soul to spend $167k and find out.

Yea this dildo Ryan Cortazzo is also trying to sell his 2009 24brx with a 300 opti for $67k, was asking $75k, my frickin 2014 cost $67k!!. He is also the guy selling this “2024” caldwell 24 and says he “needs” one of them to go. Lol. I seem to think Rrc5034 is the same guy.
I wouldn't touch one of those caldwell boats for any money. The layup is unproven and untested compared to what the boat was originally designed for. Who knows what needed to be structurally changed for the new composite core? I sure wouldn't want to be the poor soul to spend $167k and find out.
Too much unknown, but I’m pretty sure Caldwell has built a bunch of boats in full composite layup prior to the buying of Checkmate, so concerns of construction should not be too much of an issue, further as this was one of their first Checkmates, so I bet it got a lot of attention and care during the build.

But at this point it is old an old stock and orphaned boat, so I think getting full price will be very difficult. At the right price I would be interested, but for me it would be at a decent or rather large discount on the hull.

Too much unknown, but I’m pretty sure Caldwell has built a bunch of boats in full composite layup prior to the buying of Checkmate, so concerns of construction should not be too much of an issue, further as this was one of their first Checkmates, so I bet it got a lot of attention and care during the build.

But at this point it is old an old stock and orphaned boat, so I think getting full price will be very difficult. At the right price I would be interested, but for me it would be at a decent or rather large discount on the hull.
I hear what you're saying, however on Caldwell's own brand of boat they had a major lawsuit due to it almost sinking on the owners second time out. They were sued and lost which was part if the reason Checkmate production stopped. If you search on the forum the hull truth there is an entire thread about this. Basically, the entire deck and transom failed.
Plus, not sure how this is being sold as a 2024 either? And when you subtract $60k for the 450 its still way overpriced for a leftover. Something just doesn't seem right with the whole offer.

I hear what you're saying, however on Caldwell's own brand of boat they had a major lawsuit due to it almost sinking on the owners second time out. They were sued and lost which was part if the reason Checkmate production stopped. If you search on the forum the hull truth there is an entire thread about this. Basically, the entire deck and transom failed.
Plus, not sure how this is being sold as a 2024 either? And when you subtract $60k for the 450 its still way overpriced for a leftover. Something just doesn't seem right with the whole offer.
You have a point there. The price for the hull only is at least $110K. The last year Checkmate produced the 2400, the price for the hull was around 50K depending on the options. So $60k for composite construction does sound rather steep. So either Checkmate Bucyrus was losing money big time on each hull, or Caldwell was struggling to build the same boat for a similar price, or they were a bit greedy. Or perhaps other issues I did not consider.

Back