• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

1995 21 Checkmate Pulsare LD.. 90+ mph boat

90mph checkmate

The boat has run 90 the last 8-9 times Sean took the boat out with his new prop. He is just on the revlimiter, it was still accelerating when he hit it at 6400-6500. If the ecu is sent off and the limiter removed it would prob run 92-93, then he'd have a low 90's checkmate. The cleaver he ran was a 30 pitch, was just a prop I had laying around that i purchased for another boat i have. He called me out on the water and just loved how the cleaver handled, said it was on rails, hardly no steering input. It was accelerating even faster than his 4blade when it hit the limiter. Sean's only goal was to run 90, that has been accomplished. I'm sure there are many that wish their boat could run 90 just once.
Sean and I talked to Randy (wildman) a couple months ago at Silver Glen Springs about his checkmate and prop selection. Sean has tried the same type of prop that Randy runs and it's jut not enough pitch. Sean has 1.75 gears, randy 1.62. I know Randy has had better speed with the xs motors, but he's just one person, i know others that have lost speed with the xs. Randy has much experience with the checkmate/liberators and his work is second to none. I'm not here getting in a pissing match with anybody, but for Sean to list his boat and then a lot of people to say they don't believe it isn't very cool. They should be happy a fellow Checkmate boat owner has succeded in doing what many can't. I've learned many things on many forums over the yrs, but I feel that a lot of people think they are experts just because they have been on a forum for "x" amount of yrs or have 8 million posts. Maybe if they used the time that it took to make 8 million posts, to try and make their boat faster they might pick up a mph or two. The boat is for sale and very clean, freshwater as well.

xb mtors

Weren't the early xb's a factory improved motor aimed at the bassboat market, with changes in porting, fuel mapping, and possibly compression, done to improve power. How is the fuel consumption. Does this motor have the modification done to the cowl.
the xb's were basically 300 promaxes that they made for i think 3 yrs to use in the bassboat market. From what Simon at Simon Motorsports told me, not really much porting differenced at all. The xb had a real rich fuel curve, didn't have the extra 2 deg of porting the 300 promax has and has a different tuner, supposedly the xb tuner is actually better, not that tuners make a heap of difference. When a lot of bass tournaments initiated a 250hp max rule, merc basically took the 300 promax, changed a few things and put it under a fishing motor cowl. The cowl does lose some hp, but there is a simple cowl mod you can do to get more air into it without it becoming too loud, Sean has done that. I think he said he picked up 1 solid mph with the cowl mod. I guess the motor isn't all stock since he did the cowl mod....ha

Thanks... It's a very nice boat. I'm done with the speed talk on here! Tell ya what, find me a boat that runs 89 and i will out run it 10 out of 10 times.

Thanks... It's a very nice boat. I'm done with the speed talk on here! Tell ya what, find me a boat that runs 89 and i will out run it 10 out of 10 times.

The boat has run 90 the last 8-9 times Sean took the boat out with his new prop. He is just on the revlimiter, it was still accelerating when he hit it at 6400-6500. If the ecu is sent off and the limiter removed it would prob run 92-93, then he'd have a low 90's checkmate. The cleaver he ran was a 30 pitch, was just a prop I had laying around that i purchased for another boat i have. He called me out on the water and just loved how the cleaver handled, said it was on rails, hardly no steering input. It was accelerating even faster than his 4blade when it hit the limiter. Sean's only goal was to run 90, that has been accomplished. I'm sure there are many that wish their boat could run 90 just once.
Sean and I talked to Randy (wildman) a couple months ago at Silver Glen Springs about his checkmate and prop selection. Sean has tried the same type of prop that Randy runs and it's jut not enough pitch. Sean has 1.75 gears, randy 1.62. I know Randy has had better speed with the xs motors, but he's just one person, i know others that have lost speed with the xs. Randy has much experience with the checkmate/liberators and his work is second to none. I'm not here getting in a pissing match with anybody, but for Sean to list his boat and then a lot of people to say they don't believe it isn't very cool. They should be happy a fellow Checkmate boat owner has succeded in doing what many can't. I've learned many things on many forums over the yrs, but I feel that a lot of people think they are experts just because they have been on a forum for "x" amount of yrs or have 8 million posts. Maybe if they used the time that it took to make 8 million posts, to try and make their boat faster they might pick up a mph or two. The boat is for sale and very clean, freshwater as well.

Hahahha, aren't you a pleasant individual!

I bet my 21BR woulda run 90+ w/30p too. Don't like planing out for 300 yards tho. ;-)

I've had my fill of this ITG......Good day.

30p

Hahahha, aren't you a pleasant individual!

I bet my 21BR woulda run 90+ w/30p too. Don't like planing out for 300 yards tho. ;-)

I've had my fill of this ITG......Good day.

It gets on plane pretty quick, Sean like me wouldn't own a boat that didn't. Just because it's a 30p doesn't mean it's not going to get on plane, if you want to go fast, you have to have pitch. It also depends on what your lower unit gears are as well.

I think you need to do some research before you go calling people out. You make it sound like we are a bunch of dumb a$$'s because we get on here and post. Maybe you should go back and read some these post and you would see that our members have spent hours at a time trying new setups and dialing in these boats with great success! I personally have ran a 20" Pulsare with a stock 225 to 79mph on the rev limiter and taken a 2100 with a 200efi to 79mph, all gps numbers. That didn't come from just staying on the computer all of the time. This may sound slow to you beings you hold so many land and sea speed records, but to most reasonable people, these are pretty good numbers.

Not tryn to offend

I think you need to do some research before you go calling people out. You make it sound like we are a bunch of dumb a$$'s because we get on here and post. Maybe you should go back and read some these post and you would see that our members have spent hours at a time trying new setups and dialing in these boats with great success! I personally have ran a 20" Pulsare with a stock 225 to 79mph on the rev limiter and taken a 2100 with a 200efi to 79mph, all gps numbers. That didn't come from just staying on the computer all of the time. This may sound slow to you beings you hold so many land and sea speed records, but to most reasonable people, these are pretty good numbers.

I dont hold any records, nor did i claim to. I didnt say anybody was a dumbass on this forum as well. When i first purchased the boat Sean has for sale i did a good bit of research on here, people were very helpful. If it wasnt for this forum i would never have found/purchased the boat. The boat is clean and is a good price for one of the few 2100s that has cracked 90 on a gps.

Thanks Randy, all this bickering about speed on here? It almost makes me want to keep it and test/push for more! WE ALL have a common interest here....lying, BSing about untruthful speed is stupid to me?

Do any of you negative posters plan on buying this boat? If not what do you care if it does 85 or 95?
I am sure whoever is serious about buying would want a test ride.

I thought negative posts were not allowed in the listings.

Just say'in......The only person this guy has to prove anything to is the one with cash in hand.

Good luck on the sale of a beautiful Checkmate.:thumb:

Actually, if I could get rid of my I/O, I would be interested in it! But Until I can get rid of the boat/car, I can't even think about another boat. Will never buy another I/O unless it over 30' long!

And for the record, I never said it wouldn't run 90, I said it wouldn't do it with 250hp and I think the air has been cleared on that subject now. It's all good!:cheers:

Fair enough. I will update in the future (if i still have it) if i find any more out of it? It's a fun boat, they all are for the most part.. I do have a quest to run a 100 in a boat, is the reason i listed it FS to begin with. The fastest i've been in any boat i've owned has been 94.2. I just have a need for speed i quess? Ha.. Although the Cmate is hard to beat in alot of ways. I may end up keeping it if the boat i'm looking at isn't what i'm hopeing it is.

My wife hates the fact that i am an over aged speed junky! My goal with my last Pulsare was to see just how much I could squeeze out of a 225, and move on to a 250. I was at 79 with a stock lower and on the limiter with a 28 Trophy+. I am pretty sure a nose cone and 1.62 gears would have been good for breaking 80. But, my wife was scared to death of the boat even going moderate speeds so I sold it to get something more family(wife) friendly. Problem is, I bought a stinking i/o. Sorry guys, I know some of you swear by you boat/cars, but I need another ob real bad!:cheers:

Fair enough. I will update in the future (if i still have it) if i find any more out of it? It's a fun boat, they all are for the most part.. I do have a quest to run a 100 in a boat, is the reason i listed it FS to begin with. The fastest i've been in any boat i've owned has been 94.2. I just have a need for speed i quess? Ha.. Although the Cmate is hard to beat in alot of ways. I may end up keeping it if the boat i'm looking at isn't what i'm hopeing it is.

If you want it bad enough, it is there. The 2100 with a 300xs is right on the edge of 100 and I am pretty sure all of Randy's testing was with production props. If a person had the cash to spend, I am pretty sure Greg at Cutting Edge could build a prop to hit the 100 mark.

Back