• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

HOW FAST IS YOUR CHECKMATE? EVERYONE!

1997 Convincer 253.....80.1 at 4900 revs on GPS...am still playing...is alot more left on the top end..just need to get prop labbed...

Breakin in the 300x is just about over

GPS'd 85mph today while out with Hotbeek on the Fox river in Wrightstown.
6200rpm's with a 28 labbed Trophy,more to come!
Bluehealer

1976 Inmate I 351W Pro action alum. heads,Intake, Mech. roller cam, Isky roller lifters, 650 Holley carb. Stainless watercooled exhaust, trim tabs, 19 deg. Ballistic prop. 4600 rpm 61 mph GPS.need more prop. Still playing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1992 Checkmate Persuader 234 open bow, rebuilt 454 mag, .060 over with all forged components, SLP pistons, mild cam, 750 Edelbrock and cleaned-up stock heads spinning a 1.5r Bravo1 with 23p solos prop, 71 mph GPS at around 4800 rpm.

Cheap prop and only second time out in new boat, so i'm sure there is a 72 - 75mpg run in there with some extra time and $$$ :)

96 242 Convincor

555 inch 700 hp chevy xr drive sportsmaster lower 90.2 mph on best day 87 every day.Went 101 with a blown 540 but I broke it alll the time.

96 242 Convincor

555 inch 700 hp chevy xr drive sportsmaster lower 90.2 mph on best day 87 every day 5600 rpm with labbed 28.Went 101 with a blown 540 but I broke it alll the time.

GPS recall shows 100. It is for sale here and listed on Offshoreonly.com.
See Checkmate Listings here "Blown Milk Check".

72.2 GPS yesterday with two people and gear aboard. 1999 283 Convincor w/ twin 454 EFI Mags. I have some work to do in getting it up to my goal of 80.

New Prop

I have a starflite with a 3.0L 225. I had a 23 trophy that I was hitting the limiter with at 64.2. I just picked up a labbed 25 hydromotive and got a quick run in this evening. I was at 68 in smooth water, so there is definately more to go. With fast water and some practive driving, I think I can hit 70.

66 GPS

2007 2100BR, 225 HO Evinrude on 6" Jackplate. Ran at Lake Mead 2 people full tank, 1120ft elevation, 85 degree air, 85 degree water, 25 TRO-4 prop @5750= 66mph. Speed is on a digital GPS speedo and a digital tach.

I feel that with cooler air and water, 1 person and a light load of fuel, it would probably go about 71 or 72 Gps at sea level.

I love this boat and motor combo. It is a torque monster and is so quiet, you can barely hear it idle. At 6750 ft (Big Bear Lake) it will still run within about 10% of what it runs at Mead.

The boat does everything that I wanted it to do. It rides and handles like a dream, It is super quiet, and it is a comfy dry ride that uses so little fuel, I can't believe it. Best boat that I ever owned.

I have a starflite with a 3.0L 225. I had a 23 trophy that I was hitting the limiter with at 64.2. I just picked up a labbed 25 hydromotive and got a quick run in this evening. I was at 68 in smooth water, so there is definately more to go. With fast water and some practive driving, I think I can hit 70.

Very nice mph jump with a prop change
boat.gif

220 convincer

1996 220 convincer, mercruiser 7.4L bravo one 1:50 drive, 25 pitch mirage, gil exhaust, edelbrock intake, 750 holley dual feed dual pump carb & gil hp flame arrester. Runs 64-66 on gps @ 4600 rpm depending on conditions, will update once I get 27 pitch lab finished mirage from merc lab, should pickup 2-3mph I'm told.

My 4th 'Mate is the slowest one to date, BUT, it's also the cheapest to own and operate :p

57 mph GPS spinning an aluminum prop and the motor is mounted all the way down on the transom :rof:

1996 Pulse170 w/1999 Mercury 200 EFI 6" Jackplate spinning a 25P Tempest plus GPS 74mph. With a new floor in I should gain about 2 mph.:D

1996 Pulse170 w/1999 Mercury 200 EFI 6" Jackplate spinning a 25P Tempest plus GPS 74mph. With a new floor in I should gain about 2 mph.:D

Do you have a factory bow cover for it yet? THAT is the single best thing you can do to make a bow-rider faster. When I went from 6" setback to 10" and added the bow-cover to my 2100BR, I went from 68 mph to 74 mph with no other changes. I know the JP didn't add much, it was all that bow-cover.

Do you have a factory bow cover for it yet? THAT is the single best thing you can do to make a bow-rider faster. When I went from 6" setback to 10" and added the bow-cover to my 2100BR, I went from 68 mph to 74 mph with no other changes. I know the JP didn't add much, it was all that bow-cover.

I don't have a bow cover yet, but that is on list to get.

Back