• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Looking for a Ride

remlinger

Looking for a ride around Treasure Island.

I'm an Architect in Michigan who has a sustainable residential project under construction on the Isle of Palms. I would like to get some pic's from the water of it going up but would rather do it from a Checkmate vs. rubber dingy. I'm down in Florida at least once a month to do review and observe the construction as it is under way.

Dinner can be negociated.

Harold

When do you expect to be in town again?It's about a 100 miles to St.Pete for me,but I do go over that way alot during the summer months.Maybe we can work something out.Maybe the Gatomates could plan another get together when your here.Just an idea.What do you think 83PREDICTOR?

Not sure yet, I have two weeks of Jury duty in front of me. So probly not until mid or end of April.

Seems like its taking a some time but we had some up hills battles like building on ground with the consistancy of chocolate pudding. You know the soils are bad when the testing equipment drops 10 feet through the soil under its own weight.

So there is (60) 50' deep piles in the ground. All of the lower levels in concrete block and poured in place concrete. The majority of the framing above is structural steel with light gage steel infill. Theres about 45,000 lbs of structural steel on the project. Still alot ahead of us on the project.

When complete the house will be generating 16KW of electricity from the sun as well as hot water, it will capture the water from the laundry and showers and treat and reuse it for flushing all of the toilets, all LED lighting, and a 2500 gal. cistern for watering the all Florida native landscaping. The General Contractor has been seperating all of the construction debris and sending it to be recycled. This is a sustainable (green) home.

Dry-in is expected for this week.

Back